Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't display trip details

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Can't display trip details

This is a new one for me that I wonder if it'll cause problems.

When I try to view my trip (sfo-lax-hkg this evening) it says "we can't display trip details". The status shows ticketed. Initially I thought this meant my SWU cleared. But it didn't.

Priceline (the OTA I ticketed with) sends me two emails informing me of a change or cancellation of my itinerary and that it's no longer under their control, and that I need to contact AA.

I tried calling in, and the AVR greets me immediately with a "we've noticed a change to your upcoming itinerary. Let me get someone who can help you." The EP desk then get confused about the upgrade and tell me that everything is ok with my ticket and there's nothing to worry about.

I then check my trip using the view receipt option, which shows all the ticket cost info but has no segments on it.

Now I'm pretty worried not only my upgrade is messed up, but so is my ticket. Anyone else get anything like this, that AAgents just can't see??/
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by no2chem
...Initially I thought this meant my SWU cleared. But it didn't.

..The EP desk then get confused about the upgrade

...Now I'm pretty worried not only my upgrade is messed up..
You posted elsewhere that you were on 193 on Saturday-- are you saying your upgrade has or hasn't cleared (a little confused by the above.) The flight is completely sold out in every cabin, so, I'd definitely try and call back and find another agent, for peace of mind.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by JonNYC
You posted elsewhere that you were on 193 on Saturday-- are you saying your upgrade has or hasn't cleared (a little confused by the above.) The flight is completely sold out in every cabin, so, I'd definitely try and call back and find another agent, for peace of mind.
It -has not- cleared. Have HUCA'd 3 times, though it was 2 or 3 am so maybe the less experienced agents. I'll call a few times and then probably just show up early to make sure things are ok.

I can't check in, but I've never been able to OLCI hkg flights, so that doesn't worry me.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Yeah, just called again, and they still say nothing is wrong, and have no idea why the website, the AVR and Priceline would tell me these things. Guess we'll see.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

As a follow up to this I guess the AAgents were right. Ticket went back to normal at around 3pm Pacific. Weird.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Anyone encountered this can’t display trip details issue? It is occurring to me now, I took 2 flights yesterday from Frankfurt to London then London to JFK, with the LHR to Jfk segment SWU cleared to First ... today I checked my remaining itinerary and system shown the said message. The remaining segments are all in business class without any upgrade. I checked my other future trips, no issue there the entire itinerary did come up.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Anyone encountered this can’t display trip details issue? It is occurring to me now, I took 2 flights yesterday from Frankfurt to London then London to JFK, with the LHR to Jfk segment SWU cleared to First ... today I checked my remaining itinerary and system shown the said message. The remaining segments are all in business class without any upgrade. I checked my other future trips, no issue there the entire itinerary did come up.
I had it yesterday and it turned out one of upgrade was cleared, as I suspected. Call them.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Called, and agent confirmed everything is fine ...
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum, ba club, delta sky club, delta sky miles, delta sky club life,kal skypass
American Airlines "We couldn’t display trip details"

just checked and go this on a san/bkk/san trip for Sept.

"We couldn’t display trip details"

I had the site email me trip details and it only shows "Status: Ticketed - Dec 04, 2020" but not details

booked on Jal with AA miles

I checked the Jal site, and it still shows the flight and seats as normal

anyone else have this happen recently?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by murphyjunk
just checked and go this on a san/bkk/san trip for Sept.

"We couldn’t display trip details"

I had the site email me trip details and it only shows "Status: Ticketed - Dec 04, 2020" but not details

booked on Jal with AA miles

I checked the Jal site, and it still shows the flight and seats as normal

anyone else have this happen recently?
This is currently happening to me on an itinerary booked through Amex Travel that was recently changed; still says ticketed but doesn't display the updated flight details, just the "We couldn't display trip details" message.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:32 pm

This is showing up on two partner award tickets I booked months ago. Qatar flights in Feb '22, IAD-JRO and JRO-MLE.

Happened last month for another Qatar flight in August. I didn't mess with it. Just canceled it and rebooked a suitable alternative. But there's no suitable alternatives for the Feb IAD-JRO flight.

I might call tonight but have the feeling it'll be a futile effort.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
hmm, i booked a ticker FCO-LHR-DFW-ABQ for my sister with aadvantage miles and while the FCO-LHR flight was cancelled and she was automatically rebooked on an earlier flight to make her connection...now the itinerary on aa.com shows this "cant display details" message.

it does show as ticketed and using the BA locator shows all correct flights on ba.com ... and the entire trip also shows on the aa mobile site.

historically is this an issue? i dont want to waste her time with calling if it is meaningless but the other part of me wants her to due to the other horror stories here recently about BA cancellations--her trip is in three weeks and luckily was already re-booked by BA so i dont think there should be any cause for shenanigans but want to be prepared with any relevant info to provide her if she must call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.