Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA "upgraded" Android app as of 6 Apr 2017

AA "upgraded" Android app as of 6 Apr 2017

Old Apr 12, 17, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
Are you logging/signing out when you close the app?

I simply swipe the app closed. When I reopen the app, I do not have to sign in.
No, just closing. When I re-open the app the "Upgrade List" icon is not visible on the new swipe up screen on the bottom until I log out, then log back in.
Old Apr 12, 17, 4:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat 2.3MM; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
No, just closing. When I re-open the app the "Upgrade List" icon is not visible on the new swipe up screen on the bottom until I log out, then log back in.
Are you saying the upgrade list icon is not shown at the bottom when you select a reservation from the main screen?

My main screen shows my upcoming trips. At the bottom of that screen is a pull up which shows "flight status", "Find trip" and "Book flights".

If I should select one of my upcoming flights, at the bottom of that screen is a pull up which shows icons for "Upgrades" and "Seats".
Old Apr 12, 17, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
Are you saying the upgrade list icon is not shown at the bottom when you select a reservation from the main screen?

My main screen shows my upcoming trips. At the bottom of that screen is a pull up which shows "flight status", "Find trip" and "Book flights".

If I should select one of my upcoming flights, at the bottom of that screen is a pull up which shows icons for "Upgrades" and "Seats".
It shows "Upgrades" but at T4 did not show "Upgrade List" until I logged out of my account in the app, then logged back in.

Still does it if I just look up a flight status (e.g. AA78). No "Upgrade List" on the bottom until I log out and log back in.

Buggy.
Old Apr 12, 17, 4:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat 2.3MM; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
It shows "Upgrades" but at T4 did not show "Upgrade List" until I logged out of my account in the app, then logged back in.

Still does it if I just look up a flight status (e.g. AA78). No "Upgrade List" on the bottom until I log out and log back in.

Buggy.
Thanks. I understand now...
Old Apr 13, 17, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
I can't seem to see upgrade lists anymore...
Noticed this before my flight Monday and it's not there today. Does AA not want us to know how far down the list we really are?
Old Apr 14, 17, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by Michael El View Post
Noticed this before my flight Monday and it's not there today. Does AA not want us to know how far down the list we really are?
apparently you have to pull the bottom bar up.

very unintuitive.
Old Apr 15, 17, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond

very unintuitive.
Hey, it's what you pay people for right? Make cosmetic changes that make things harder to find? I mean I know I don't pay my technology employees to make actual service improvements.
Old Apr 17, 17, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager

very unintuitive.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it before my flights tomorrow.
Old Apr 18, 17, 2:26 pm

very unintuitive.
That didn't work for me on Friday or today. DH still has the older version and could see the list on Friday but today got the "flash and disappear" treatment.
Old Apr 19, 17, 10:59 am

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Am I the only one who can't find where to now record where I've parked?
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by stewlevine View Post
Am I the only one who can't find where to now record where I've parked?
Can confirm feature is gone. I actually used that as well.
Old Apr 20, 17, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by josmul123 View Post
Can confirm feature is gone. I actually used that as well.
Luckily, Google Maps just added that feature.
Old Apr 23, 17, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Glob
Is the disappeared upgrade list still an issue on the upgraded app or have they fixed the problem now?
Old Apr 24, 17, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Time traveller View Post
Is the disappeared upgrade list still an issue on the upgraded app or have they fixed the problem now?
as noted above, Pull the bottom menu up while in the reservation.
Old May 4, 17, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Mobile app/aa.com not recognising my details

Anyone else having problems with aa.com?

Tried to check in on the iPhone for a TATL flight, and it asked for my passport details, then locked me out of check in because it said the passport details that I entered were incorrect.

Went to check my details on the Information and password page using Firefox and it looped without any input from me giving me repeated emails that my account details had been updated!

Using Safari I can see that all my details (including passport) are correct, but when I try to change anything I get the error message that my AAdvantage number (the same one I logged in with) is wrong on this page: "The username you entered doesn’t meet username requirements. Please try another username." !!

Tried restarting my computer, but no change.

Anyone know what's going on?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: