Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA "upgraded" Android app as of 6 Apr 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA "upgraded" Android app as of 6 Apr 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:16 am

From https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.aa.android

Updated
April 6, 2017

Current Version

WHAT'S NEW

· Los Angeles (LAX) airport map updates
· Bug fixes and small enhancements to make your experience better
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vincepoy
From https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.aa.android

Updated
April 6, 2017

Current Version

WHAT'S NEW

· Los Angeles (LAX) airport map updates
· Bug fixes and small enhancements to make your experience better
Are you on an old version of Android? I mean, we all are, but older than Marshmallow maybe? The Play Store tells me that version 5.0, updated April 6, 2017 is the current version.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:50 pm
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
My app says Version 5.0. The play store lists the following as new:

WHAT'S NEW

· Updated look and feel allows for easier navigation and access to details during your next trip
· Sliding action menu with dynamic content knows what you need as you travel
· New push notification to alert you when flight changes occur
· “Manage trip” link added to make reservation changes easier
· New airport terminal maps added
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by sbrower
I don't often say this, but I find the posts by the OP to be contextually unusual. Do you have some connection to the developer of the new app?
I was wondering the same kind of thing. Very customer experience-y questions and lack of substantive replies to force you into your own little user journey.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by deeruck
Are you on an old version of Android? I mean, we all are, but older than Marshmallow maybe? The Play Store tells me that version 5.0, updated April 6, 2017 is the current version.
Has nothing to do with what version of Android I am on since this is from the desktop web browser as you will notice I posted a URL which means I am not using the Playstore app so it will show the latest versions regardless of what the actual Android device is since this is on the desktop browser. Play store sometimes is delayed so not everyone will see the newest version available since that was as of the time of the post. Currently, it changed to the following:

Updated
April 7, 2017

Current Version

WHAT'S NEW

· Updated look and feel allows for easier navigation and access to details during your next trip
· Sliding action menu with dynamic content knows what you need as you travel
· New push notification to alert you when flight changes occur
· “Manage trip” link added to make reservation changes easier
· New airport terminal maps added

Last edited by vincepoy; Apr 8, 2017 at 8:21 am
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
More features that are useful and the app is more user friendly.

Try it, you will like it.
Tried it, still find it all but worthless.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
And it only takes 30 seconds to load a seat map.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
iOS version updated for me last night. Version 5.0.0.5675.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbrower

I don't often say this, but I find the posts by the OP to be contextually unusual. Do you have some connection to the developer of the new app?
Originally Posted by iadisgreat

I was wondering the same kind of thing. Very customer experience-y questions and lack of substantive replies to force you into your own little user journey.

No, I do not have any connection to the developer of the app.

We all have different likes and dislikes. I like the changes made to the app, plain and simple.

I posted about the changes because I wanted to share my opinion.

I never anticipated that my post would produce such negative comments about the app. I also never anticipated that I would be assumed to be connected to the developer of the app.

I wonder if the negativism expressed about AA's app is related to the awful demotions and devaluations made to AA's service and loyalty program.

Nonetheless, I still like the changes made to AA's app. I don’t like the changes made to AA’s service and loyalty program.

-
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Thumbs down iOS change - no near departure seat assignment changes

Agree the new iOS app is nothing special. Most frustrating, you can now NOT change seat assignments in-app within 45 minutes of scheduled departure. This is non-sensical why they would restrict this in the new app.

AA if you are reading this, please put it back. Why force travelers to go to Agents to change something that you can just as easily change via the App? Doing this would free up Agents to focus on more important things.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
I wonder if the negativism expressed about AA's app is related to the awful demotions and devaluations made to AA's service and loyalty program.
I think the negative comments about the app primarily reflect the uselessness of AA's app compared to other major airlines.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
AA iOs app upgraded as of Apr 8, 2017

AA iOs app upgraded last night. One of my trips has had several flight changes since it was made five months ago. However, the app is showing the original flights. Some of these flights no longer exist. Hopefully, this is just a glitch and will clear by Monday morning but I'm not holding out any hope!

Anyone else have this issue?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Just resolved my issue. I noticed at the top of the screen it said it was "Updated 59 days 2 hours 30 minutes ago". Therefore, I pulled down on the screen and the flights were updated.

Not sure why AA's IT would have released an app update drawing from data from two months ago.

Of the three reservations showing in the app:
- One showed updated 59 days 2 hours 30 minutes ago
- One showed updated 7 days 4 hours 28 minutes ago
- One showed updated 3 days 2 hours 44 minutes ago

Last edited by controller1; Apr 9, 2017 at 2:30 pm Reason: updated with additional info
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
It's still such a crappy app compared to UA and DL. AA's inability to put out a user friendly app with functionality confuses me. It's not hard. Basic - booking flights within the app. Nope, takes you to the website. #goingforgreatmyass
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by bustraveler
It's still such a crappy app compared to UA and DL. AA's inability to put out a user friendly app with functionality confuses me. It's not hard. Basic - booking flights within the app. Nope, takes you to the website. #goingforgreatmyass
If I want to change seats on one of my reservations, it takes me to the website. It has an international flight, so I don't know if that's the reason or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.