Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi Executive - Enhanced Airport Experience?

Old Apr 2, 17, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanum, Hilton Gold

I'm trying to find specifics on what this Enhanced airport experience entails but can't find anything.

What exactly does this provide?

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 17, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
directly from the main site

https://secure.fly.aa.com/citi/direc...=citiexecutive

Enhanced Airport Experience

For benefits to apply, the CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive World Elite™ MastercardŽ account must be open 7 days prior to air travel AND reservation must include the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantageŽ number 7 days prior to air travel. If your credit card account is closed for any reason, these benefits will be cancelled. CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive cardmembers will have the following benefits: priority check-in (where available), priority airport screening (where available), and priority boarding privileges. The priority boarding benefit will display on your American Airlines boarding pass as Group 4.
Old Apr 2, 17, 1:03 pm

Sorry, but the benefits are also quite clear on Citi's website:
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...ve-credit-card
Old Apr 2, 17, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanum, Hilton Gold
I saw that, however I thought those benefits were separate from Enhanced Airport Experience.

Everywhere I've read lists the "Pros" of this card with specifics such as priority boarding, screening, etc.

I guess I just didn't realize that the "umbrella term" for all these Pros is Enhanced Airport Experience...

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 18, 11:54 pm

I assume authorized users in the absence of the primary cardholder do not get the enhanced experience? Can anyone chime in?
Old Mar 2, 18, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by 3sgtekb View Post
I assume authorized users in the absence of the primary cardholder do not get the enhanced experience? Can anyone chime in?
They do get lounge access now I believe.
Old Mar 2, 18, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
They do get lounge access now I believe.
Correct.
Old Mar 2, 18, 9:56 am

Programs: DL,BA,Marriott
CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive cardmembers will have the following benefits: priority check-in (where available)....

What does "Priority Check In" really mean. Does this simply mean a separate line to make you feel special? Do you still need to go to a kiosk before the counter? Are there any real benefits aside from potentially a shorter line? I recently received this card and have been wondering what the practical value of this benefit is.
Old Mar 2, 18, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by rkb2530 View Post
CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive cardmembers will have the following benefits: priority check-in (where available)....

What does "Priority Check In" really mean. Does this simply mean a separate line to make you feel special? Do you still need to go to a kiosk before the counter? Are there any real benefits aside from potentially a shorter line? I recently received this card and have been wondering what the practical value of this benefit is.
Priority Check In is for when you have to see an agent, you get a much much shorter line and at airports with out a Kiosk it can save a lot of time. When ever I have to check a bag normally there is max 1-2 people in line and im all set to go within minutes.
Old Mar 2, 18, 12:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT

It means you can check-in with business class.
Old Mar 2, 18, 12:55 pm

Programs: CK or bust
The benefit really does make it sound so much more like the OP's post in this thread (Going FC to Hawaii) thoughtfully shared by JonNYC via Twitter this past Monday.

The ability to use "Priority Check In" (assuming no status) at the counter versus self-service kiosk in the context of American seems to be very much subject to the station, disposition of contract employees or AA agents, and lunar phase.

On a more serious note, when Citi Executive card announced the additional card holder club access benefits that did add quite a bit of value for card holders with additional household or colleagues. IRRC additional holders even get two guest privileges (they must be traveling on an American flight and it's the non-full-fledged status so no drink chits just by virtue of having the card).

Last edited by enpremiere; Mar 2, 18 at 12:56 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 2, 18, 1:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Originally Posted by enpremiere View Post
On a more serious note, when Citi Executive card announced the additional card holder club access benefits that did add quite a bit of value for card holders with additional household or colleagues. IRRC additional holders even get two guest privileges (they must be traveling on an American flight and it's the non-full-fledged status so no drink chits just by virtue of having the card).
No requirement to be travelling on AA for authorized users. They can access the lounge+2 guests regardless of airline. Can also access Alaska Lounges, but must be flying AA/AS/VX and no guests.

It's a great deal and the only reason I keep the card despite not having flown AA in ages. I have 9 authorized users.
Old Mar 2, 18, 5:18 pm

Ok, so no enhanced airport experience for authorized users in the absence of the primary cardholder? Just curious if anyone knows for sure.
Old Mar 2, 18, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
I've had the Citi executive for several years. All the soft "enhanced" privileges offered by the card I already get by EXP status so it's really a moot point there.

The trip delay insurance has been a great benefit and have used it several times. It doesn't even have to be wx related just meet the time frame duration of the delay (6 hours?). The last time I used it was in November at SCL. The AA 788 broke and they pushed back departure every hour. Knowing either the pilots would run out of time and/or it would eventually be canceled I left the airport (that's another story--good lord) and walked across the street to the HIE. Filed the claim, scanned the receipts and was credited back all expenses two weeks later.
Old Mar 2, 18, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

what seems to have happened at LAX is they have downgraded first and business class checkin by just having Priority checkin.
lbbzman likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: