Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile Admirals Club & LATAM VIP Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SCL - Aeropuerto Internacional Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez de Santiago de Chile

NOTE: The SCL / Santiago de Chile Admirals Club will close as of 1 May 2019.

Link to SCL airport information on aa.com

Link to SCL website (English)

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

International Building Admirals Club

Location: International Building, after security on the left, across from gate 19

Access: Business Class, First Class, Sapphire Tier or Emerald Tier departing on any oneworld airline

Hours: Please see here for current hours

N.B. Not valid for arriving passengers. Transit passengers must have valid same-day ticket for departure permitting access through security.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
LATAM VIP Lounge yclept Neruda Lounge

Location: International Building, after security, 4th floor, near Gates 14/15 (opened 28 March 2015).

Access: Business Class, First Class, Sapphire Tier or Emerald Tier departing on any oneworld airline; departing Admirals Club members.

Hours: Daily: 03:00-01:00 but please see here for current hours.

Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's latest joint VIP lounge, the newest and largest lounge in South America, opened on 25th March 2015. The lounge has direct access from the LAN and TAM preferential check-in area. Features include restful and relaxing spaces, individual restrooms, showers, laundry pressing and shoe-shining services, a sleeping room, chaise lounge chairs for rest and relaxation, a business center, individual power outlets, unlimited wi-fi, entertainment and videogame zone, unique culinary offerings and an excellent selection of regional wines and award-winning champagne.
Link to archived thread with previous posts (2006-May 2010)

The current thread may be accessed here.

[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile Admirals Club & LATAM VIP Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by nxsahraw
Can someone flying business on AA out of Santiago access the LAN VIP Lounge?
Yes. Much better option over the crowded, small and dated AC. The LA lounge is above duty free, AC feels like a dungeon but is directly below one of the departure gates (usually for the MIA 763 flight).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Yes. Much better option over the crowded, small and dated AC. The LA lounge is above duty free, AC feels like a dungeon but is directly below one of the departure gates (usually for the MIA 763 flight).
Excellent. Thanks for your response!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'll be making a I-D connection so only have access to the domestic Priority Pass lounge (SALONES VIP PACIFIC CLUB). It says there is shower. Does anyone know how many showers there are? Don't have much time but definitely want a shower. Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Not impressed with LATAM lounge food. Very limited hot food (soup and small empanadas only) plus some cold meats and California roll. This was from 6-8pm prime dinner time. Disappointing for a flagship lounge.

On the plus side shower and abundant usb ports (loan charger available) are great.
Old May 12, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
New seating SCL AC

So between my last trip three weeks ago and today there are completely new seats and tables in the SCL Admirals Club. MUCH more comfortable, but not a whole new refurb. Nice update. Food and drink selection still far inferior to LATAM Salon VIP.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold
SCL / Santiago, Chile: Admirals Club (yes) arrival lounge (no)

Is there an Admirals Club or arrivals lounge at SCL, Santiago? The lounge location function on AA web site that shows where the lounges are worldwide is not working. I will by arriving in J on a LAN flight from Miami early in the morning at 7:30am and would like to shower before going into the city, since it will be too early to check into our hotel.

For outbound from Miami is the LATAM or AC lounger preferable?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
The Admirals Club at SCL is located airside, beyond passport control, in the international departures zone. As a result, the club is not available to arriving passengers who are either terminating at SCL or connecting to a domestic flight inside Chile. As far as I know, there is no lounge available landside for arriving passengers.

However, the Holiday Inn (directly across from the airport) does offer day use rates. I have taken advantage of this opportunity in the past. Just call them up and make a reservation!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
The Admirals Club at SCL is located airside, beyond passport control, in the international departures zone. As a result, the club is not available to arriving passengers who are either terminating at SCL or connecting to a domestic flight inside Chile. As far as I know, there is no lounge available landside for arriving passengers.

However, the Holiday Inn (directly across from the airport) does offer day use rates. I have taken advantage of this opportunity in the past. Just call them up and make a reservation!
If I end up returning from South America EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN can I use the AC during the connection in SCL? Or will I have to use the LATAM lounge? This is likely the routing I will be on going home after vacation but I am not ticketed yet.

Update 6/9/17: I am now ticketed on LAN 442 to LAN 500 but my connection time in SCL from the EZE flight is only an hour. I doubt I'll have any time to visit any lounges. Will this be enough time to get the luggage onto the SCL-MIA flight?

Last edited by susiesan; Jun 9, 2017 at 1:38 pm Reason: update
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:44 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by susiesan
If I end up returning from South America EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN can I use the AC during the connection in SCL? Or will I have to use the LATAM lounge?
The LATAM lounge at SCL is far preferable to the AC-- it's spread over two floors and just opened about two years ago.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan
If I end up returning from South America EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN can I use the AC during the connection in SCL? Or will I have to use the LATAM lounge? This is likely the routing I will be on going home after vacation but I am not ticketed yet.

Yes, if you are traveling EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN and you are flying in Business OR you have OW Emerald or OW Sapphire status on any carrier, then you can use the Admirals Club while you are connecting at SCL.

You might find the LATAM lounge preferable, but I personally am a fan of the AC and I know the staff there.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by ESpen36
As a result, the club is not available to arriving passengers who are either terminating at SCL or connecting to a domestic flight inside Chile. As far as I know, there is no lounge available landside for arriving passengers.
Right, there is no arrivals lounge landside. There is a pay lounge in domestic departures (after security), called Pacific Club. Some credit cards as well as Priority Pass have access, but no airline FFP, not even LA. Pacific Club has one or two showers. It's rather basic, but serves the purpose ...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dw
The LATAM lounge at SCL is far preferable to the AC-- it's spread over two floors and just opened about two years ago.
Agreed. As far as physical space goes, it is probably the nicest business class lounge in the Americas. As I was the first "ticketed passenger" ever in the lounge (the afternoon it first opened), it will "always be a special place" for me.

It is hard to find if you're a connecting passenger, or entering the airport any way other than the LATAM Preferente check-in.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:02 am

The Holiday Inn opposite the airport I believe has pay for arrivals facilities. Had a six hour layover there so mooched in the lobby area there.

On departure, fully agree that that LATAM lounge is the place to go; it's a lovely lounge for a business class level one with some fabulous red wines there too. If you have Vivino, always worth giving the labels a scan.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
AC does not have showers. The LATAM Lounge does, it also has beds for resting on the second floor (they are hard to find, in a door next to a large conference table area); I prefer that the LATAM lounge too as they have much better bathrooms (full walk in room with toilet and sink).
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by nelsinho
AC does not have showers.
I know it has at least one because I used it in May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.