Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Philippine Airlines (or JL or CX) Interline Checked In Bags from MNL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist

I'm looking at an itinerary for my Aunt from MNL -> USA. She has a Philippine Passport with US Visa. The cheapest I can find on AA.com has an itinerary of:

MNL (PR 466) ->ICN (AA 280) ->DFW-> xxx
or
MNL (PR 422) -> HND (AA 26) -> LAX -> xxx

It would be a single Itinerary booked on AA.com
Would the bags be checked through to destination (Yes I understand it would have to be picked up in DFW or LAX, but would she have to pick it up at ICN or HND)?

If it isn't would an itinerary of going through HKG with CX or NRT with JL have the bags checked in through? It would have a CX or JL number for the MNL flight then AA for the rest.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by nutwpinut
I'm looking at an itinerary for my Aunt from MNL -> USA. She has a Philippine Passport with US Visa. The cheapest I can find on AA.com has an itinerary of:

MNL (PR 466) ->ICN (AA 280) ->DFW-> xxx
or
MNL (PR 422) -> HND (AA 26) -> LAX -> xxx

It would be a single Itinerary booked on AA.com
Would the bags be checked through to destination (Yes I understand it would have to be picked up in DFW or LAX, but would she have to pick it up at ICN or HND)?

If it isn't would an itinerary of going through HKG with CX or NRT with JL have the bags checked in through? It would have a CX or JL number for the MNL flight then AA for the rest.
As a single PNR baggage should be through checked, on all of these routes. (The single ticket with AA - PR should indicate the airlines in question have an interline agreement.)

We will merge this soon. /Moderator
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

I was pretty sure about CX and JL, but was unsure PR had an interline agreement.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Yep, I can confirm that what JDiver said is correct. I have flown:

AA SFO-DFW-HKG
PR HKG-MNL

and

AA SFO-LAX-HND
PR HND-MNL

both on single PNRs, and the baggage was interlined.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks cAAribmorpho!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Add on question. How is PR for flying in J? I was offered to be put on them during a reroute last year by DL. However with not knowing them I asked to be put on AF/KLM.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Add on question. How is PR for flying in J? I was offered to be put on them during a reroute last year by DL. However with not knowing them I asked to be put on AF/KLM.
I'd look in the Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum, search thread titles, results as threads, keywords

philippine

or / and

"pr" (be sure to include the quotation marks).

E.g.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...new-seats.html
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JDiver
I'd look in the Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum, search thread titles, results as threads, keywords

philippine

or / and

"pr" (be sure to include the quotation marks).

E.g.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...new-seats.html
Ugh. Flying the wrong direction home it appears was the best choice I have ever made. 2-3-2 on a 777 Sucks, but is doable. 2-2-2 on an A330 is not, and the bunk bed setup is just bizzare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.