Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I wanted to bump this thread. Does anyone else have any other ways to get at the additional Sabre ticket details on AA Agency issued tickets?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by donotblink
I wanted to bump this thread. Does anyone else have any other ways to get at the additional Sabre ticket details on AA Agency issued tickets?
If you have other airlines in the record, you may be able to link to those airline's PNRs in TripCase or CheckMyTrip. That might help show some information (such as some waitlisted segments).
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:51 am

Tripcase is working for my AA reservations. Just this week it created a trip for me and got the flights correct based off an aa reservation email i sent to [email protected]
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Tripcase is working for my AA reservations. Just this week it created a trip for me and got the flights correct based off an aa reservation email i sent to [email protected]
Sorry, I wasn’t clear, I specifically want to take advantage of the live link to the Sabre database.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Well, sure, any of the services (e.g., TripIt, TripCase, etc., etc.) will happily populate static flight information from emails or that you manually enter. The entire point of this thread is the loss of the ability to link an AA-created itinerary into TripCase and hence see the actual, real-time data, including waitlisted segments, ticketing state, schedule or reservation changes, etc.

Note that it is still possible to link an itinerary that contains AA flights, even one that consists only of AA flights, as long as the itinerary was not created by AA. If a travel agency creates the record, TripCase can be used to link to it.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Well, sure, any of the services (e.g., TripIt, TripCase, etc., etc.) will happily populate static flight information from emails or that you manually enter. The entire point of this thread is the loss of the ability to link an AA-created itinerary into TripCase and hence see the actual, real-time data, including waitlisted segments, ticketing state, schedule or reservation changes, etc.

Note that it is still possible to link an itinerary that contains AA flights, even one that consists only of AA flights, as long as the itinerary was not created by AA. If a travel agency creates the record, TripCase can be used to link to it.
Understood
Can't speak to ticketing status updates and segment waitlists, but it is definitely more than just static the way it works now with AA. Tripcase has been notifying me of schedule changes and updated flight status as things change on AA from starting with nothing more than an e-mailed itinerary to them.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:21 am

Does anyone know if TripCase works with the record locators that originate from the European booking websites which IIRC is powered by Amadeus but presumably would include a Sabre record locator? Would the U.S. reservations desk support these reservations (e.x. with schedule changes)?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
Does anyone know if TripCase works with the record locators that originate from the European booking websites which IIRC is powered by Amadeus but presumably would include a Sabre record locator? Would the U.S. reservations desk support these reservations (e.x. with schedule changes)?
Generally, there would only be a Sabre PNR if the itinerary includes flights on airlines that use Sabre. And yes, TripCase happily links to such PNRs (except for AA PNRs).

Last edited by anabolism; Apr 20, 2019 at 7:30 am Reason: Added clarification regarding AA.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Generally, there would only be a Sabre PNR if the itinerary includes flights on airlines that use Sabre. And yes, TripCase happily links to such PNRs.
sorry I wasn’t clear, I meant the European AA sites.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:30 am

If your only Sabre PNR is an AA one, that I don't think TripCase will link to it. But give it a try and let us know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.