Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA reintroducing coach meals on JFK-LAX/SFO flights 1 May 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA reintroducing coach meals on JFK-LAX/SFO flights 1 May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by no1cub17
But to expect AA (or any airline that has to actually earn a profit) to match QR's service standards is just absurd.
And that's fine, I have no expectation of that either. However, some people apparently have the delusion that by allowing international J cabin customers access to FLs is some major leap forward, which it really just isn't. It's an expected change that really should have happened decades ago.

Originally Posted by Djokison
Fanjet specifically said "International lounges." I've yet to ever have to use drink chits in an international AA lounge.
The problem is that up until recently the Admirals Club was the international lounge for J customers in the vast majority of cases. In those instances, you would definitely have to use drink chits to get something more than a plastic bottle pour.

It really just circles back to this point:

Originally Posted by rasheed
AA needs something interesting.
Thus far, it's only been a game of failed attempts to keep up with the domestic competition.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cmd320
Thus far, it's only been a game of failed attempts to keep up with the domestic competition.
Curious whether you think true international premium economy is uninteresting, failed, or something the domestic competition already did.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer

Huh? If you're flying internationally with AA, unless you have FL access, you're just going to get into the AC, in which case you'd have to use chits or money to pay for "premium" drinks that would be self-pour in the lounge of most any internationally-based airline. That was the whole point of this discussion: that AA does not have true international lounges for J pax.
International lounge, in this case refers to lounges outside of the US. International ACs. AA's international ACs are far better than the domestic ones and are closer to what a J lounge should be like.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by arlflyer

Huh? If you're flying internationally with AA, unless you have FL access, you're just going to get into the AC, in which case you'd have to use chits or money to pay for "premium" drinks that would be self-pour in the lounge of most any internationally-based airline. That was the whole point of this discussion: that AA does not have true international lounges for J pax.
I've never had to use "drink chits" at the AC lounges at LHR or CDG. Have you? And the food offerings at those ACs have always been better than what has been offered at the ACs in the States. Same thing for UA's and DL's intl lounges versus their domestic ones.

And BTW, when I use the terms "intl" and "domestic" lounges, I'm referring to the geographical sense of the term, not conceptual.

Last edited by Fanjet; Mar 17, 2017 at 2:37 pm
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
And BTW, when I use the terms "intl" and "domestic" lounges, I'm referring to the geographical sense of the term, not conceptual.
Well therein lies the problem. I don't understand why there should be a different experience at an LHR Admirals club vs. a BOS Admirals Club if the product I'm buying (intercontinental J/F) is the same. US airlines were the only ones that used this concept, at least until very recently.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Ah, I see then. Well of course the ACs are better outside the U.S., absolutely. Why that is, I have no idea. I was referring to lounges for AA passengers traveling internationally, regardless of origin. And if that origin is in the U.S., that's historically meant an AC - cheese cubes and drink chits.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Why are people talking about lounges when this is about in-flight Main Cabin transcon meal service? Stay on topic plz!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Why are people talking about lounges when this is about in-flight Main Cabin transcon meal service? Stay on topic plz!
Agreed, though these days it seems that every service improvement on AA leads inevitably to a whine-fest about how the improvement wasn't good enough along with endless kvetching about every other facet of the airline that displeases any given poster.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Can someone post the latest hub pages about the afternoon/evening snack offering of this route? Do the hub pages provide any details on the two sandwich options?

Thanks,
Rasheed
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rasheed
Can someone post the latest hub pages about the afternoon/evening snack offering of this route? Do the hub pages provide any details on the two sandwich options?

Thanks,
Rasheed
Actually, any pics anyone has of the Y complimentary meal boxes would be great to see.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by rjw242
Agreed, though these days it seems that every service improvement on AA leads inevitably to a whine-fest about how the improvement wasn't good enough along with endless kvetching about every other facet of the airline that displeases any given poster.
Or another "Why can't we get in Flagship First Dining as CK/EXP/OWE in any cabin??We are not valued at all!!!!"...

There is another post on CX

Who are the ugly DMs?

talking about DMs (equivalent to EXP) demanding next cabin service/food (or why does he get Evian water and I did not!!)...very fun read.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:38 am

So is there a list of select AA flights that will provide meals in Economy?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
So is there a list of select AA flights that will provide meals in Economy?
Only on premium transcon markets and they are only doing it to match DL.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by fly747first
Only on premium transcon markets and they are only doing it to match DL.
and DFW-Hawaii.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:35 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by no1cub17
But to expect AA (or any airline that has to actually earn a profit) to match QR's service standards is just absurd. QR (and the rest of the ME3 in my opinion) don't play in anywhere close to the same field that the rest of the world does.
Stop drinking the AA/UA/DL Kool-Aid. The ME3 (or at least Qatar) are no more subsidized than the illustrious market-driven airlines those three dinosaurs claim to be. Wake up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.