Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA reintroducing coach meals on JFK-LAX/SFO flights 1 May 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA reintroducing coach meals on JFK-LAX/SFO flights 1 May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jcatman
Not at all. I'd like to see EVERY seat in Y proportionately increased in width and in overall pitch. If you increase the size of MCE, you can increase the size of regular coach as well, keeping the current disparity.
As noted above, AA actually pioneered that approach long ago. It didn't work out financially.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:37 am

Oh Boy, free food. I'd argue its not worth the calories for consumption much less discussion. And since Skychefs makes the sandwiches at your local 7 Eleven, you don't even need to fly serpentine routes to include a transcon to sample the wholesome goodness.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by justforfun
Would be nice though to see AA be industry leading instead of industry following.
AA in name only. It's US Air. For me, from first to last within a year.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:20 am

I wonder what will be an offer to EXP that are travelling in economy. Right now we get a free snack / free alcoholic beverage.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
I wonder what will be an offer to EXP that are travelling in economy. Right now we get a free snack / free alcoholic beverage.
It's likely that BOB will be eliminated for these transcon routes once free meals begin on May 1. So as an EXP you'll get the free meal if you want, or nothing. I suspect no change to free alcoholic beverage benefit, though.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hedoman
AA in name only. It's US Air. For me, from first to last within a year.
Its worse then that, I see it as America West, where Parker & Comp took over US and then AA
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:50 am
Suspended

Title should be AA reintroducing snack-meals on its Transcons. Now if it would serve the same food as it did and does on its Intl flights Id agree its a meal, but a box is a snack
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Maybe they'll come full circle and bring back hot pockets like they did 13 years ago lol
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Go back 20+ years ago to the Bistro Bags.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
AA originated More Room Through Coach, i.e. Extra legroom seating since copied by DL and UA. AA's 747s had a stand up bar and lounge now copied by the ME3. AA pioneered FF programs. AA's Sabre was the original computer res system. AA initiated yield management for setting fares. AA is the first US carrier to offer Premium Economy. AA offers advance entree selection on F and J flights. Of course, DL did start the move to revenue based RDMs and elite tiers.
AA was also the first US Airline to move to 3-4-3 on the 777
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by cova
The point is the A321 Transcon only has 72 coach seats, versus 144 on a 738. AA is only offering this service on he 72 coach configuration.

And not offering it on all transcons like from BOS, PHL, DCA, CLT, with many coach seats. DL has expanding to all transcons.
i don't believe they have expanded to all transcon lines, just a few more lines where they don't have high # of daily flights. Now, if they do it on ATL to LAX/SFO, I would be impressed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...al-u-s-flights
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
It's likely that BOB will be eliminated for these transcon routes once free meals begin on May 1. So as an EXP you'll get the free meal if you want, or nothing. I suspect no change to free alcoholic beverage benefit, though.
I'll take multiple free alcoholic beverages when the upgrade gods dont put me into J.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:01 am

Here's a snippet from the email I received:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  64.7 KB

I love their definition of afternoon.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Did AA eliminate BoB on the DFW-Hawaii flights when they rolled out comp Y meals?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by deeruck
Here's a snippet from the email I received:

Attachment 28799

I love their definition of afternoon.
I guess you missed the memo that evening and night no longer exist and noon has been moved to 9:45a, lol.

AA can't even copy DL properly. DL is adding Y meals on many more routes than AA plans to with this announcement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.