Help resolving booking issue

Old Mar 8, 17, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, UA Prem Exec
Help resolving booking issue

2 PNR's. #1 - 1 adult #2 1 adult, 1 child. JFK-EGE 3/30-4/4 held outbound J (55k), return T (12.5k). Last night called to book PNR 1 under her AA#, PNR 2 from mine.

Wake up to find that all miles were incorrectly deducted from my account and in addition all the return T seats were also booked at a 55k level. When I called to resolve AAgent apologized and said ONLY way to reinstate the miles was to cancel and rebook. However AA now telling her it can only rebook at 75k level.
My issue is that I did book and purchase the tickets, but was incorrectly charged. When i asked to be correctly charged I am being told they will no longer honor the price.

Have spoken to several people who are trying to help, but can't get original purchase honored. Unfortunately i now only have return seats and no outbounds and i keep getting dropped because i am on hold so long. Any suggestions. Any more info needed? Thanks.

Last edited by AAChris; Mar 8, 17 at 9:16 am
Old Mar 8, 17, 9:20 am

I'd complain to the DOT. They take a dim view of airlines not honoring the prices they quote. Hopefully you have reasonable documentation to present to them.
Old Mar 8, 17, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jordyn View Post
I'd complain to the DOT. They take a dim view of airlines not honoring the prices they quote. Hopefully you have reasonable documentation to present to them.
DOT cares about award bookings?
Old Mar 8, 17, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Madison Guy View Post
DOT cares about award bookings?
Probably. Only one way to find out...
Old Mar 8, 17, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, UA Prem Exec
I have all the emails of reservations and confirmations of purchase.
Old Mar 8, 17, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Twitter DM?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: