Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Axing LGA/YYZ??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by tphuang
But even on E145, the MCE was empty, so that would tell me there is not many business class passengers.
The only MCE seats on these planes is the first row bulkhead (which is pretty restricted in both leg room and overhead stowage. And the three emergency exit seats, which is what I opt for (12A) and find it's pretty much like a J seat on an RJ, particularly as I still get a comp drink and snack item. The two seats across the aisle are generally occupied, though it seems I'm the only ExecPlat since they're not getting offered the free drink/snack item.

Suppose the majority of NYC-based corporate accounts flying AC are comprised of STAR elites from UA who don't want to cross the Hudson to fly ex-EWR. But suspect the majority of corporate traffic also originates from YYZ visiting NYC-based HQs or financial institutions et al.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
The only MCE seats on these planes is the first row bulkhead (which is pretty restricted in both leg room and overhead stowage. And the three emergency exit seats, which is what I opt for (12A) and find it's pretty much like a J seat on an RJ, particularly as I still get a comp drink and snack item. The two seats across the aisle are generally occupied, though it seems I'm the only ExecPlat since they're not getting offered the free drink/snack item.

Suppose the majority of NYC-based corporate accounts flying AC are comprised of STAR elites from UA who don't want to cross the Hudson to fly ex-EWR. But suspect the majority of corporate traffic also originates from YYZ visiting NYC-based HQs or financial institutions et al.
Actually, the only MCE is row 12 (i just checked again now to confirm). Considering you can get MCE with platinum status. I'd think any flights with 3 to 5 corporate flyers should be able to fill up row 12 and 1A and 2A (which are the next best seats I assume).

I have to disagree with the sentiment that it's like a J seat on an RJ. I was sitting in 12A on E45 and it took a really long time for the service to get to me with only 1 FA. Whereas on E75, I got PDB and many snacks once in the air. Also just much more room on the E75 first class vs MCE on E45. And that doesn't even factor in the other minuses of a such a small cabin like your head hits the top when standing up from your seat.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tphuang
I agree with the sentiment that AC has won the corporate market. Have flown this route on AC for years and WS and AA a little bit recently. AC's load never seems to be great unless they cancel flights due to weather. Although in the recent years, it seems to be getting better. WS load was terrible when I flew it. AA flying e145 really isn't competitive against E90/A320/B737 that the other airlines fly. When i flew on E75, nobody purchased first class, it was all upgrades. So I can see why they went to E145. But even on E145, the MCE was empty, so that would tell me there is not many business class passengers. Either way, other than keep accumulating EQDs, there really isn't any reason for me to keep flying AA on this route.
It does look like AA is giving up corporate market between NYC and YUL. First flight from NYC to YUL is now at noon.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:28 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by seawolf
It does look like AA is giving up corporate market between NYC and YUL. First flight from NYC to YUL is now at noon.
AA appears to be giving up on NYC in general. The amount of routes cut from JFK alone are staggering. I honestly don’t know why every other airline has made NYC work except AA (and UA). I’d move to DL before ever considering a shuttle to PHL to fly TATL.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by uxb

AA appears to be giving up on NYC in general. The amount of routes cut from JFK alone are staggering. I honestly don’t know why every other airline has made NYC work except AA (and UA). I’d move to DL before ever considering a shuttle to PHL to fly TATL.
This is a result of more nonstop overseas flights from and to more cities, no longer requiring hub city airports like JFK. One of the reasons the US carriers never bought A380s is their desire to provide more point-to-point flights on B787, A350 and older generation mid-sized long range wide bodies from 2ndary cities across the US. This reduces the need to use gateway airports which are already getting too crowded.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
That's the LGA flight, there is one out of JFK at 7:05 AM.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:06 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by donotblink
That's the LGA flight, there is one out of JFK at 7:05 AM.
You referring to YUL? What’s the flight number?
Old May 30, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

You referring to YUL? What’s the flight number?
3356, yes, YUL, might be temporarily gone due to runway issues but in there for January/February/March/April 2020 and probably sooner too. I didn’t check but do have that flight on several PNRs.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:07 am
Original Member

Thanks. There's no AM flight until late November. Doesn't exactly encourage business travelers to even consider AA as most corporate travel is booked in near term (none for the next 6 months). By the time November comes around, I think I'll stick with AC due to inflight WiFi and no need to gate check carry-on.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:53 pm

Thanks. There's no AM flight until late November. Doesn't exactly encourage business travelers to even consider AA as most corporate travel is booked in near term (none for the next 6 months). By the time November comes around, I think I'll stick with AC due to inflight WiFi and no need to gate check carry-on.
It sounds like @JonNYC is now reporting that this route is dead (although it still appears to be bookable and appears in my active reservations.)
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:51 am
uxb

It sounds like @JonNYC is now reporting that this route is dead (although it still appears to be bookable and appears in my active reservations.)
LGA-YYZ is dead? Maybe LATAM will come back and revive it from JFK.
seawolf likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
LGA-YYZ is dead? Maybe LATAM will come back and revive it from JFK.
Actually the last few posts here are about JFK -> YUL maybe a moderator can move these to a new thread?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:10 pm
uxb

Actually the last few posts here are about JFK -> YUL maybe a moderator can move these to a new thread?
I don’t know if that’s the case. The OP will have to respond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.