FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: End of Feb la k miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2017) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1826193-archive-end-feb-la-k-miles-4-500-mile-upgrade-stickers-2017-a.html)

shadesofgrey1x Feb 28, 17 6:30 am

ARCHIVE: End of Feb la k miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2017)

Its the end of the upgrade sticker period today...... Has anyone called in an attempt to get prorated stickers for being close but, not over the 12500 mile threshold???

jlb3 Feb 28, 17 7:34 am

I called yesterday and was prorated 2 stickers (although I think it should have been 3, but whatever). Had no issues. They already are in my account.

ElCaminoReal Feb 28, 17 9:55 am

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27939

Interested to see how they handle this for me.

asf-07 Feb 28, 17 11:49 am

A coworker called in today and was told that they "don't do pro-rated stickers anymore". Is this a thing? Went with a HUACA but hasn't called back just yet.

zaccaggie Feb 28, 17 12:06 pm

just did it - worked for me. added 2 on the spot. Plt member.

asf-07 Feb 28, 17 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by asf-07 (Post 27970179)
A coworker called in today and was told that they "don't do pro-rated stickers anymore". Is this a thing? Went with a HUACA but hasn't called back just yet.

Update: HUACA worked.

aztimm Feb 28, 17 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ElCaminoReal (Post 27969632)
Attachment 27939

Interested to see how they handle this for me.

I'd hope you'll get all 4.

I just logged into my account, and I need 10,232 miles to my next batch; I guess I'll pass.
My 500-mile upgrade balance is 43 anyway right now, and have a tough time using any of those.

AAflyerORD Feb 28, 17 1:31 pm

I called reservations and they declined. Then hung up and called the AAdvantage desk and they rewarded me two for haveing 7,500 miles on the meter and were very nice about it.

VickiSoCal Feb 28, 17 1:49 pm

EQMs needed to earn 500-mile upgrades- 1,060

Eek. Thanks for the reminder.

Agent #1- no idea what I was talking about, then insisted that I will get 4 stickers when I fly another 1000 miles.

apeortdz Feb 28, 17 2:45 pm

You guys are having better luck than I am. I called on behalf of my wife who is <600 miles away. First the agent said that it is a calendar year thing. I explained that it was a program year thing and she then agreed. Then she said that she couldn't make the exception. But she suggested that my wife call (rather than me) and see what would happen. So that will be the next step.

platbrownguy Feb 28, 17 4:30 pm

Make sure you're calling 800-882-8880 rather than reservations or elite desk.

At the recording, say "Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative" (if you listen to the whole thing, it asks you whether you want "a, b, c, d, or e . . . you can also say x, or Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative").

I just called on my wife's behalf and got 2. Was hoping for 4 because she had 11893 out of 12500. Might call back tomorrow to see about getting the other 2 but will wait until someone else reports positively that they were able to get 4.

gradboozer Feb 28, 17 4:57 pm

Just called in and got 2. Had 7115 miles to go but a lot of travel booked in the coming weeks.

Thanks platbrownguy for the tip, saved me a lot of time.

HofstraJet Feb 28, 17 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 27971608)

At the recording, say "Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative" (if you listen to the whole thing, it asks you whether you want "a, b, c, d, or e . . . you can also say x, or Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative").

I just called on my wife's behalf and got 2. Was hoping for 4 because she had 11893 out of 12500. Might call back tomorrow to see about getting the other 2 but will wait until someone else reports positively that they were able to get 4.

I just called and got 3 (was 309 short). Said she tried to do 4 but couldn't because 12.5 requirement not met. Will monitor thread and see if anyone gets 4 and call back if they do. I don't have many and hopefully will use them on some off-peak flights I have coming up later this year which should have space so that 1 may be of value.

txpenny Feb 28, 17 5:20 pm

Call in for wife (plat) who needed 2402 and asked for 3 of the 4. Granted.

apeortdz Feb 28, 17 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by apeortdz (Post 27971052)
You guys are having better luck than I am. I called on behalf of my wife who is <600 miles away. First the agent said that it is a calendar year thing. I explained that it was a program year thing and she then agreed. Then she said that she couldn't make the exception. But she suggested that my wife call (rather than me) and see what would happen. So that will be the next step.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 27971608)

Originally Posted by txpenny (Post 27971825)
Call in for wife (plat) who needed 2402 and asked for 3 of the 4. Granted.

Did I get a bad agent or what? You guys called in for your wife and were successful. I got nothing...yet.