Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: End of Feb la k miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

The "upgrade year" for earning 500 mile "stickers" ends the last day of February. Though existing "stickers" (they originally were stickers applied to your ticket when you were upgraded) do not expire, your earning miles counter resets at midnight the last day of February.

Technically, that means if you had, say, 11,000 miles toward electronic upgrades (MTEU) at midnight the last day of February, you would start at zero March 1. Bitbactually, during the last few years, many Gold and Platinum members have been successful requesting prorated "stickers" - one with 11,000 MTEU would request three "stickers", since normally four would be issued at 12,500 MTEU nodes.

Expect some agents to say "no" for various invented reasons. If one does, thank them, hang up and call again.

The general rule of thumb is to call one's status line and request one "sticker" per 3,125 MTEU earned by midnight the last day of February.

For further information, see "Sticker" / 500-mile E-Upgrades & EXP "UDU" Upgrade Protocols / Questions

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: End of Feb la k miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
I just called and got 3 (was 309 short). Said she tried to do 4 but couldn't because 12.5 requirement not met.
Ouch, I thought I was going to be short by such a small amount as well, but I forgot this now goes by EQMs (used to be BIS miles, right?) and my last segment the other day was in business, so 2x EQMs. This took me about 1k over the counter. I'm not going to bother to call.

Especially since they just keep accumulating in my account.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by ElCaminoReal
Attachment 27939

Interested to see how they handle this for me.
Originally Posted by aztimm
I'd hope you'll get all 4.

I just logged into my account, and I need 10,232 miles to my next batch; I guess I'll pass.
My 500-mile upgrade balance is 43 anyway right now, and have a tough time using any of those.
Nice rep added 4 stickers easily. Wouldn't add for my wife as I am not listed as a delegate but confirmed she should receive 3 stickers being ~2,300 short.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Good to hear some got 3 - will call back in the a.m. and push for another for wife. (it's my $40 I end up paying, might as well)

Also with noting that customer service is only open something like 8 am to 7 or 8 pm central iirc.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:12 pm

Got 2 from a call this morning. Was ~1600 short and hoping for 3, but I guess I can't really complain.

Agent wasn't overly pleasant, seemed a little pestered about the request and was sure to mention that this was a "one time exception".
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Was 18 miles short of 12,500 on the MTEU counter and called this morning. Agent gave me two stickers, which left me a little disappointed, so I called again with the hopes of securing a third or fourth. To avoid confusing the second agent, I gave her the same verbiage (no mention of the first two that were already added), and she offered to add two more. The way she spoke made it seem like she had no idea that the first two were already added, which leads me to wonder if this is some exploitable loophole, i.e. keep calling and getting stickers added. I did not call a third time to try for myself.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
anyone know how long these pro-rated stickers usually take to post?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by chicago747
They are added immediately to your account and elite desk can see/use but it can take 48-72 hours to see at aa.com.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by chicago747
I called the evening of the 28th for the wife, and 3 stickers were added in the wee hours of the morning of the 2nd (today).
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got 3 out of 4 on third agent.

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Mar 3, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
I was about 600 miles short, and flew the requisite miles on 2/28. That flight didn't post till 3/2, with the counter having reset to 12.5k less that flight mileage. Was gonna call, but woke up this morning to 4 upgrades in my account and an unchanged MQM counter.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:30 pm

Is there any reason everyone is calling rather than sending a message through aa.com? I know that messages to AA are often appear to have been answered by bots using boilerplate negative language. However, a previous thread on this topic mentions sending a message as an viable method.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Is there any reason everyone is calling rather than sending a message through aa.com? I know that messages to AA are often appear to have been answered by bots using boilerplate negative language. However, a previous thread on this topic mentions sending a message as an viable method.
I sent a message 3 days ago with no response yet.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:09 pm

How can I figure out how many EQMs needed to earn 500-mile upgrades I had as of Feb 28?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by richarddd
How can I figure out how many EQMs needed to earn 500-mile upgrades I had as of Feb 28?
I don't think there is a way other than going through your previous account activity since 3/1/16 and calculating it yourself...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I sent a message 3 days ago with no response yet.
My girlfriend sent a message on 2/28. Yesterday, she got a voice mail from AA asking her to call them back (which she has not done yet). Today, she had 3 deposited in her account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.