Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Air Wisconsin ends AA agreement in early 2018, moves to UA

Air Wisconsin ends AA agreement in early 2018, moves to UA

Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I don't think 35X is going away, since AA still has CR2's and E145's going into DCA.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AA ExePlat
Originally Posted by DCP2016
I don't think 35X is going away, since AA still has CR2's and E145's going into DCA.
35X is going away as a new commuter terminal is being built where former LUS hangers were located. Its discussed in another thread somewhere with dates.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by akcae
Sadly, this isn't the end of CR2s. PSA still operates them, and Piedmont still subjects us to the godawful ERJ-145s....
PT's E145s are actually upgrades from the Dash-8s they used to run. Any seat on the A side starting in row 4 is bearable and 12A is nearly luxurious for a regional.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:09 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by akcae
Sadly, this isn't the end of CR2s. PSA still operates them, and Piedmont still subjects us to the godawful ERJ-145s....
Fortunately, its only 35 in the fleet.. I think altogether going forward AA will have around 45-50 CR2s which is significantly less than UA/DL.

E145s are much better than the CR2s and I don't mind them on flights up to around 600-650 miles. The CR2s, anything more than 350 miles no thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Air Whisky has always been an odd duck. They're privately held and have refused to replace their CRJs- they invested 175 million into US Airways during their 2005 bankruptcy in exchange for a long term contract.

As an aside, I find this quote from the pilot forum hilarious:

A decade ago, from EWR to ATL (Atlanta), we flew eight flights a day on Boeing 737s. Delta (DL) flew 11 flights a day on mainline equipment. ATL is a bigger hub with more connectivity, so its 11 flights versus our eight made sense, but we still had a competitive business schedule for customers that lived in EWR, and when our frequent flyers in EWR wanted to go to ATL, they chose us. By 2013, we were flying six regional jets a day. Guess what happened then? Many of our EWR customers switched to DL, because they didn't want to fly on regional jets and we didn't have the frequency to support their business needs. That didn't just happen in the EWR to ATL market, it also happened in markets from EWR to DTW (Detroit), MSP (Minneapolis), DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth), CLT (Charlotte, North Carolina), etc., and across the board in many of our competitive hub-to-hub markets.
LOL. I jumped ship from CO/UA in 2013 for this exact reason. It only took them five years to figure it the hell out.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by oopsz
Air Whisky has always been an odd duck. They're privately held and have refused to replace their CRJs- they invested 175 million into US Airways during their 2005 bankruptcy in exchange for a long term contract.
Yep, Air Wisconsin is the odd one out. Most other airlines have switched to CRJ-700's/CRJ-900's, E145's, or E175's. Air Wisconsin is stuck with the CRJ-200's with no other aircraft on order/replacements in the near future.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:20 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I also think Air Whisky has a contract with UA providing ground services and above wing services at IAD. Or is that Messy?

Been quite bit since I left UA and one thing I still remember clearly they are horrible and I always detested dealing with the UAX farm mess over at the A terminal.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Saw this on Twitter this evening:

Last edited by arc727; Feb 14, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Yep, Air Wisconsin is the odd one out. Most other airlines have switched to CRJ-700's/CRJ-900's, E145's, or E175's. Air Wisconsin is stuck with the CRJ-200's with no other aircraft on order/replacements in the near future.
Not exactly stuck. As the pilot's forum points out, those aircraft have long since been depreciated to scrap value and UA is currently scoped out on 70 seaters, with no limit on 50 seater RJs.

Maybe AWAC's plan is to fly them till the wings fall off and then shut down the airline. Or they could plan to transition to operating company-owned regional aircraft, shifting the capex risk to the airlines. Either way, they're doing fine for now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.