Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2017 Freddies Awards: AA wants our vote (announcement, discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Freddies Awards: AA wants our vote (announcement, discussion)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And now this in the latest AAdvantage summary :

Thank you for naming the AAdvantageŽ program the Best Elite Program in the 2017 Freddie Awards. It's a tremendous honor to be recognized by our customers, and we appreciate your loyalty. More on the awards ģ
Old May 10, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I don't much care about the "fake" award - I'm just voting with my wallet
Old May 17, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by cesco.g
And now this in the latest AAdvantage summary :

Thank you for naming the AAdvantageŽ program the Best Elite Program in the 2017 Freddie Awards. It's a tremendous honor to be recognized by our customers, and we appreciate your loyalty. More on the awards ģ

Do you think this would be more of a reason for AA to continue devaluing their program? Seriously, I cannot find a single open seat on Saver awards coming from STL. Plus they lowered their SWU to 4 for EXPs.

I just don't see anything getting better.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by moonwoo
Do you think this would be more of a reason for AA to continue devaluing their program?
I strongly doubt they're setting the program's parameters on the basis of an unscientific niche award.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by rjw242
I strongly doubt they're setting the program's parameters on the basis of an unscientific niche award.
They seem to be all gungho about it asking everyone to give them a vote so I feel like they care. Even if they don't make things worse, this is definitely not an incentive to make things better.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by moonwoo
They seem to be all gungho about it asking everyone to give them a vote so I feel like they care. Even if they don't make things worse, this is definitely not an incentive to make things better.
"Gung ho" in that they send a few email blasts recycled from year to year, so practically zero cost to them. Doubt the results make a real difference in the program either way. Just some nearly free publicity.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:44 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
nope - votes arw not deserved

10 years ago, they had the best frequent flyer program in the industry. That was the primary reason why I switched from Delta even though Deltas in-flight service was vastly better.
However, in the last 2 or 3 years the program has deteriorated to the point that I think that it is now the worst in the industry.The new management doesn't seem to care about their customers and the product is definitely worse than it was before.Not only do they lose my Freddy vote, but they have also lost all of my Revenue.Sad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.