FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (in revision) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1822830-guide-flagship-lounge-access-revision.html)

shore9 Jan 20, 2019 6:14 pm

Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (in revision)

sorry if this has been answered but i can't find the answer. 2 questions:

1) Flying JFK - YVR on CX, one pax in F and one in J, neither has status. Can the F pax guest the J pax into the F dining and the F lounge?

2) Flying YVR - JFK also on CX, both pax in J, are we able to access the Flagship lounge for a shower upon arrival?

thanks

SeattleDavid Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by shore9 (Post 30679751)
sorry if this has been answered but i can't find the answer. 2 questions:

1) Flying JFK - YVR on CX, one pax in F and one in J, neither has status. Can the F pax guest the J pax into the F dining and the F lounge?

2) Flying YVR - JFK also on CX, both pax in J, are we able to access the Flagship lounge for a shower upon arrival?

I thought that First Dining was for AA flights only, but, however, CX's lounge page says "Access to Flagship First Dining is only available to First Class passengers" implying that First Dining is accessible for their F passengers. There is no mention of guests in relation to Dining.

CX F and J passengers have access to Flagship lounge. There is no mention of access on arrival (but neither is there a mention of departing flights only).

lkar Jan 27, 2019 10:31 am

AA Plat flying in economy from TYO-LAX-PHX and I have a significant layover in LAX. I have done this before and had no problem with flagship access in LAX and others posting above indicate that it gets access.

However, when I look at the rules I am not sure. They require those with AA status to be “departing on or connecting to a qualifying international” flight. Is this new language or is it just not traditionally enforced as it seems to be written?

DMPHL Jan 27, 2019 10:39 am

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 30706648)
AA Plat flying in economy from TYO-LAX-PHX and I have a significant layover in LAX. I have done this before and had no problem with flagship access in LAX and others posting above indicate that it gets access.

However, when I look at the rules I am not sure. They require those with AA status to be “departing on or connecting to a qualifying international” flight. Is this new language or is it just not traditionally enforced as it seems to be written?

Not sure why they specify "to" in the access rules, but you will definitely have access, as long as your onward connection to PHX is before 6AM the following day.

nologic Jan 27, 2019 2:00 pm

Is the Flagship Lounge at DCA open yet?

TWA884 Jan 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by nologic (Post 30707234)
Is the Flagship Lounge at DCA open yet?

DCA is not slated to have a Flagship Lounge.

JDiver Jan 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 30706648)

AA has been liberal with next day access, but they can change that. Perhaps, though I hope not, in November when they institute new, more restrictive Club access rules for Club members.

But the onward flight on a qualifying oneworld airline by 0600 the following morning has been in the rules for some time.

Alex Lam Jan 30, 2019 7:55 am

I'm flying the following itinerary from HKG-CUN and was wondering if I had lounge acess? If it helps, I am also OW Sapphire.

HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-CUN-MIA-JFK-LAX

I'm flying in biz on the international and transcon leg and on first class for the JFK-MIA leg.

lightbulbs Jan 31, 2019 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Alex Lam (Post 30718655)
I'm flying the following itinerary from HKG-CUN and was wondering if I had lounge acess? If it helps, I am also OW Sapphire.

HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-CUN-MIA-JFK-LAX

I'm flying in biz on the international and transcon leg and on first class for the JFK-MIA leg.

wow long journey. Assume you are routing via JFK and MIA for the extra EQMs? You should have flagship lounge access in LAX, JFK, and MIA as well as OW J lounge access (CX and Qantas have many J lounges in HKG). I might also suggest checking out the LAX OW J lounge which isn’t bad and I find reasonably comparable to the Flsgship lounge although others prefer flagship.

gateH15 Feb 4, 2019 7:21 pm

It’s probably been asked before but i couldn’t find it. I’m flying MEX-DFW-ORD soon. Will I be able to access FL on arrival at ORD? All flights are on the same day.

andersonCooper Feb 4, 2019 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 30740064)
It’s probably been asked before but i couldn’t find it. I’m flying MEX-DFW-ORD soon. Will I be able to access FL on arrival at ORD? All flights are on the same day.

Yes, assuming you are AA EXP/PP/P, or in J/F.

gateH15 Feb 4, 2019 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by andersonCooper (Post 30740203)
Yes, assuming you are AA EXP/PP/P, or in J/F.

thanks. I’m have status and in F but wasn’t sure if you need onward boarding pass to access the FL

andersonCooper Feb 5, 2019 7:41 am

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 30740225)

thanks. I’m have status and in F but wasn’t sure if you need onward boarding pass to access the FL

For arrivals, keep a paper BP just in case mobile BP expires when you land.

ghost48 Mar 3, 2019 9:34 am

Please forgive me, if my sort of routing and lounge access was already asked.

Flying from FRA-LHR-LAX (booked with CX award, all in C on BA metal) and connecting LAX to HNL in Y (on AA metal) on same day. Connecting time is 4 hours.

Am I eligible for AA Flagship Lounge LAX access since I am coming in from LHR in C (BA metal). Please keep in mind that my connecting to HNL is in Y.

Thanks.

platbrownguy Mar 3, 2019 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ghost48 (Post 30842418)
Please forgive me, if my sort of routing and lounge access was already asked.

Flying from FRA-LHR-LAX (booked with CX award, all in C on BA metal) and connecting LAX to HNL in Y (on AA metal) on same day. Connecting time is 4 hours.

Am I eligible for AA Flagship Lounge LAX access since I am coming in from LHR in C (BA metal). Please keep in mind that my connecting to HNL is in Y.

Thanks.

Yes. If LAX-HNL is in the same reservation as your BA flights, then no trouble at all. If it's a separate reservation, make sure you hang on to your LHR-LAX boarding pass; that's what will get you in and that's what you should present first to the dragon.