Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Yes, just hold on to your JL F Boarding Pass to simplify the proof of a qualifying OW flight.
Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to trying out the FL lounge/a shower before heading home.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Oct 10, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:54 pm

[PLEASE IGNORE, sorry just saw the previous post]

Wondering if someone can help me with this question.
I am arriving ORD on CX 806, First Class. Connecting same day on American, separate ticket, economy class.
No status of any kind.

Would I have access to Flagship lounge in ORD T3?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by charliechenxx; Oct 12, 2018 at 2:25 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Flying JFK/SFO in F and my girlfriend is traveling JFK/ORD at the same time. AA.com says there are no guests allowed for transcontinental pax, but in practice is the Flagship Lounge (or FFD) at JFK ever lenient here? I assume not, but figure it's worth asking.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by charliechenxx
[PLEASE IGNORE, sorry just saw the previous post]

Wondering if someone can help me with this question.
I am arriving ORD on CX 806, First Class. Connecting same day on American, separate ticket, economy class.
No status of any kind.

Would I have access to Flagship lounge in ORD T3?

Thanks a lot.
Yes, just show both boarding passes.

Originally Posted by potus18
Flying JFK/SFO in F and my girlfriend is traveling JFK/ORD at the same time. AA.com says there are no guests allowed for transcontinental pax, but in practice is the Flagship Lounge (or FFD) at JFK ever lenient here? I assume not, but figure it's worth asking.
She'll most likely be turned away. They are not lenient when it comes to granting guest access when it's explicitly forbidden. The only passengers granted a guest to FFD are International F Class passengers, and the only passengers granted a guest to the Flagship Lounge are International F Class passengers, OW Sapphire and Emerald (non-AA) on any OW itinerary, and AA Plat, PlatPro, and EXP on international itineraries. And CK on any itinerary with 2 guests.

Last edited by DMPHL; Oct 16, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
ORD Flagship Access on IB J

I am currently booked on a redeye SFO-ORD (UA) and ORD-MAD (IB J) on separate tickets. My inbound flight into ORD gets in rather early (around 8 am) where as my IB J flight departs in the evening at 5 pm.

I'm hoping to zip into the Flagship lounge for a shower + food & work prior to my Iberia flight in the pm. Will I be allowed access based on a same-day OW J flight, even if it is much later in the day & I arrived on a *A flight?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by chemboy; Oct 21, 2018 at 2:07 pm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by chemboy
I am currently booked on a redeye SFO-ORD (UA) and ORD-MAD (IB J) on separate tickets. My inbound flight into ORD gets in rather early (around 8 am) where as my IB J flight departs in the evening at 5 pm.

I'm hoping to zip into the Flagship lounge for a shower + food & work prior to my Iberia flight in the pm. Will I be allowed access based on a same-day OW J flight, even if it is much later in the day & I arrived on a *A flight?
Yes - you can use the FL all day long. Getting there early is not a problem. AA does not care and probably does not know that you arrived on another airline. Your situation is no different that somebody who is starting their trip from ORD.

Though, if you have checked bags you will not be able to hand them over to AA until 4 hours prior to departure, so unless you have a place to stash them, you won't be able to go through security to airside.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by coolcoil
Yes - you can use the FL all day long. Getting there early is not a problem. AA does not care and probably does not know that you arrived on another airline. Your situation is no different that somebody who is starting their trip from ORD.

Though, if you have checked bags you will not be able to hand them over to AA until 4 hours prior to departure, so unless you have a place to stash them, you won't be able to go through security to airside.
Awesome - Thanks!
I plan to travel with a carry-on & hope to stay airside upon landing in the AM until IB boards in the evening.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
LATAM J Ticket Access at JFK

Pretty sure I'll have access (since LATAM is OW partner) from the aa page info, but just want to confirm if I'm on an LATAM award ticket in J (premium business) that I'll have access?

Flight is JFK-GYE (Ecuador).

Would show up extra early if I did have access vs. not showing up as early... Flight is at 00:05.

*Also what are the closing hours of the flagship lounge? I see google maps saying 11:15pm, a photo on yelp says 11:00pm and AA's website says 12:30am.*

Last edited by theboss7593; Oct 23, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593
Pretty sure I'll have access (since LATAM is OW partner) from the aa page info, but just want to confirm if I'm on an LATAM award ticket in J (premium business) that I'll have access?

Flight is JFK-GYE (Ecuador).

Would show up extra early if I did have access vs. not showing up as early... Flight is at 00:05.

*Also what are the closing hours of the flagship lounge? I see google maps saying 11:15pm, a photo on yelp says 11:00pm and AA's website says 12:30am.*
You'll definitely have access, both because it's a J ticket on a OW airline, and because the Flagship Lounge is the designated lounge for LATAM. So no worries on that front. The Flagship Lounge stays open until about half an hour before the last departing flight, which is usually CX845 at 1:35 AM, so you'll be fine.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by DMPHL
You'll definitely have access, both because it's a J ticket on a OW airline, and because the Flagship Lounge is the designated lounge for LATAM. So no worries on that front. The Flagship Lounge stays open until about half an hour before the last departing flight, which is usually CX845 at 1:35 AM, so you'll be fine.
Awesome thanks for the quick reply... Looking forward to checking out the lounge... Love checking new lounges out...
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I've read through this thread and still am not 100% clear—apologies if this was answered and I missed it.
Would an AA Platinum flying LHR-LAX in Premium Economy connecting to a domestic flight booked in Y get access to the LAX FL before the onward connection?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Microwave
I've read through this thread and still am not 100% clear—apologies if this was answered and I missed it.
Would an AA Platinum flying LHR-LAX in Premium Economy connecting to a domestic flight booked in Y get access to the LAX FL before the onward connection?
Yep ^
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
EXP flying LAX-ORD on day 1 and ORD/-Asia the next day on the same ticket (outbound leg). Do I get flagship access at LAX, or does the international segment has to be in the same day?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by nk15
EXP flying LAX-ORD on day 1 and ORD/-Asia the next day on the same ticket (outbound leg). Do I get flagship access at LAX, or does the international segment has to be in the same day?
AA rules seem to be clear that the international flight must be the same day (not the previous or the next). And I've certainly been refused on that basis at the LAX Flagship lounge.

However, I'm not sure that the Oneworld rules are as strict - they seem to refer simply to traveling on an international itinerary - and I have got into the Qantas lounge in LAX when my international flight arrived the previous day. I don't know if it was generosity of the greeter at the door, or whether it is fully allowed.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by nk15
By rule, no, unless your flight the next day departs before 6am the next day.

However, some people have reported luck by handing over their BP with "INTERNATIONAL" stamped on it. Give it a shot, but expect to be rejected (unless your international flight the next day departs before 6am).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.