Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Global321
You can report back, but, yes 100% you have access.
Well that was an ordeal. CX 806 was diverted to RFD due to weather at ORD and we were low on fuel. Crew at ORD drove out to take us back to O’Hare. My onward flight was canceled, and was rebooked for this morning. Was still admitted to FL this morning, even though they technically were able to deny me according to the same-day departure policy.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by zebes

Well that was an ordeal. CX 806 was diverted to RFD due to weather at ORD and we were low on fuel. Crew at ORD drove out to take us back to O’Hare. My onward flight was canceled, and was rebooked for this morning. Was still admitted to FL this morning, even though they technically were able to deny me according to the same-day departure policy.
In fairness, you do not tell us you were planning a stop at RFD and busing to ORD

Sorry to hear about your canceled flights. Great they did the right thing and let you in the next day.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT
OT, but that weather was quite the mess. Saw two diverted AA widebodies at MSP as we were taxiing out.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
If i am traveling these routes in economy as a AA elite (EXP) do i get flagship lounge access both way or just outbound
outbound YYZ-(overnight connection in ord)ORD-PHL-MUC
inbound MUC-PHL-MIA-YYZ

Last edited by Daniel Solis; Sep 12, 2018 at 6:11 am Reason: changed airport
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
If i am traveling these routes in economy as a AA elite (EXP) do i get flagship lounge access both way or just outbound
outbound YYZ-(overnight connection in ord)ORD-PHL-YYZ
inbound MUC-PHL-MIA-YYZ
Outbound no access, since YYZ doesn't count as "international" for AA lounge access purposes as an EXP.

Inbound, you can use the FL in MIA based on your same day MUC-PHL flight.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:11 am

Im sorry its actually yyz-ord-phl-muc not yyz-ord-phl-yyz
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Im sorry its actually yyz-ord-phl-muc not yyz-ord-phl-yyz
Then yep, you get FL access at ORD on the outbound too.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:55 am

Flying CLT-ORD-NRT, NRT-ORD-CLT in JAL F. I understand I'll have flagship access in ORD on the departing flight, but will I have flagship access on the return flight in ORD? I have no oneworld status of any kind. Also, will I have standard Admirals club access in CLT on departure? (might be wrong thread for that question. sorry.)
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by erobinson32
Flying CLT-ORD-NRT, NRT-ORD-CLT in JAL F. I understand I'll have flagship access in ORD on the departing flight, but will I have flagship access on the return flight in ORD? I have no oneworld status of any kind. Also, will I have standard Admirals club access in CLT on departure? (might be wrong thread for that question. sorry.)
Yes to all. Show your JAL BP upon return at ORD FL.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:35 pm

SFO-LAX-JFK admirals club access in SFO

I'm flying SFO-LAX-JFK in business class. I know I should get access to the flagship lounge in LAX and JFK, but will I get access to the admirals club in SFO? Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by maldivesbound
I'm flying SFO-LAX-JFK in business class. I know I should get access to the flagship lounge in LAX and JFK, but will I get access to the admirals club in SFO? Thanks!
Absolutely, 100% yes.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:18 pm

I am flying on award ticket tfrom MEX connecting in LAX to LAS however I have the option of a two hour layover with Alaska Airlines or a 8 hour layover with American Airlines. If I choose the alaska arilines flight do I receive flagship lounge access or only if i choose the american airlines airlines flight? The flight from MEX to LAX is on american
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I am flying on award ticket tfrom MEX connecting in LAX to LAS however I have the option of a two hour layover with Alaska Airlines or a 8 hour layover with American Airlines. If I choose the alaska arilines flight do I receive flagship lounge access or only if i choose the american airlines airlines flight? The flight from MEX to LAX is on american
You will not be granted access prior to departing on an AS flight (even if is AA marketed), as Alaska Airlines is not a oneworld carrier (assuming you have access by virtue of status or qualifying class of service). You would departing LAX to MEX.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I know I won't get flagship dining, but I wanted to check whether I'd have Flagship Lounge access on separate tickets.

Arriving on JL in F at T1, departing on a domestic in Y on AA from T8, but on a separate ticket the same calendar day. No OW status.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Oct 10, 2018 at 8:18 am
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I know I won't get flagship dining, but I wanted to check whether I'd have Flagship Lounge access on separate tickets.

Arriving on JL in F at T1, departing on a domestic in Y on AA from T8, but on a separate ticket the same calendar day. No OW status.
Yes, just hold on to your JL F Boarding Pass to simplify the proof of a qualifying OW flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.