Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Speedmarque
Hi everyone!

I was was wondering if any of you may be able to help here as I have received conflicting reports from American every time I ask!

We we are traveling LAX to Bermuda via JFK in First ( business class from JFK to Bermuda as it’s the highest cabin). Our flight from LAX is a red eye and arrives in around 7:00am and our flight to Bermuda leaves around 10:30am. Will we have access to the flagship lounge/ dining at JFK prior to this segment based traveling first on the transcon sector. Also if we were to move on to an earlier flight departing LAX (arrving at 1:00am into JFK ) would be still have have access when the lounge re-opens in the morning prior to our Bermuda flight?

Many thanks for all help!
Yes, Yes, Yes.

You have access on arrival. Because your flight is in 3-cabin first you have access to Flagship Lounge and Flagship First dinning on arrival. (Many many reports) Arriving at 1am or 7am doesn't matter - you have access.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Global321
Yes, Yes, Yes.

You have access on arrival. Because your flight is in 3-cabin first you have access to Flagship Lounge and Flagship First dinning on arrival. (Many many reports) Arriving at 1am or 7am doesn't matter - you have access.
Thank you Global321!

I completely agree that one should always be admitted upon arrival which would make the question of whether you are connecting (and what you are connecting to for that matter) moot.

I guess I just want to clarify that based on previous posts, your understanding is that even if the lounge is closed when you arrive (the 4:30pm LAX-JFK transcon regularly arrives after the scheduled JFK Flagship 1am closing time) that you should have admittance from when it reopens until your connecting flight departs that same day (in this case a 10:50am flight to BDA).

Sorry to be so pedantic!! And thank you again!!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Speedmarque

Thank you Global321!

I completely agree that one should always be admitted upon arrival which would make the question of whether you are connecting (and what you are connecting to for that matter) moot.

I guess I just want to clarify that based on previous posts, your understanding is that even if the lounge is closed when you arrive (the 4:30pm LAX-JFK transcon regularly arrives after the scheduled JFK Flagship 1am closing time) that you should have admittance from when it reopens until your connecting flight departs that same day (in this case a 10:50am flight to BDA).

Sorry to be so pedantic!! And thank you again!!
No worries. Always good to be sure. I do not think we have a single report of a problem with others flying LAX-JFK-Domestic/other having an issue entering the lounge after arriving on the redeye/past midnight.

Your "issue" is if you take the evening departure, you will be in no man's land from 1am until it opens at 4am. Good news is it is only 3 hours to kill and the flight could be a little late. Great first of the first world problems!!!

Enjoy
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I have purchased an F ticket on BA metal through AA.com. I am clear that as a One World Airline, whether they consider it a BA flight or an AA flight I can access the Flagship Lounge. Since I purchased this fare through AA, am I eligible for Flagship First Dining in Miami?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by HiAperture
I have purchased an F ticket on BA metal through AA.com. I am clear that as a One World Airline, whether they consider it a BA flight or an AA flight I can access the Flagship Lounge. Since I purchased this fare through AA, am I eligible for Flagship First Dining in Miami?
Flagship First Dining access from aa.com: "Departing flight must be marketed and operated by American on the same day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access." so the answer is no.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As with most benefits etc. where you purchased your ticket doesn’t have any effect. You must be departing in three class / Flagship First on a qualifying International flight on an AA operated and marketed flight (the exception is CX out of JFK, iirc.)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by MADPhil
Flagship First Dining access from aa.com: "Departing flight must be marketed and operated by American on the same day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access." so the answer is no.
Disappointing, but I think I can survive in the lounge then, still looking forward to it! Thanks
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Disappointing, but I think I can survive in the lounge then, still looking forward to it! Thanks
I would still ask when you get there, especially if your flight is ticketed as the AA flight number. There was an instance a while back where a poster was flying JFK-LAX in F but it was ticketed as a BA flight number, and he/she was let in with no problems at JFK. You never know.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I think I know the answer to this, but just want to check....

I'll be flying CX biz HKG-ORD in a few days. The same day I have a separate ticket for AA ORD-AUS. Do I have access to the Flagship Lounge in ORD after arrival?
Yes, I do realize that I'll need to clear Immigration and Customs, reclaim bags, and then schlep over to a completely different terminal, re-check bags, and re-clear security. I've built in quite a cushion of time, just in case (I needed that on the outbound as AA canceled my nonstop AUS-ORD and routed me AUS-DFW-ORD.)

There seem to be conflicting reports on access after international arrival.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
My understanding is that if the Biz flight was within 24 hours you get it, but I could be wrong?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by aztimm
I think I know the answer to this, but just want to check....

I'll be flying CX biz HKG-ORD in a few days. The same day I have a separate ticket for AA ORD-AUS. Do I have access to the Flagship Lounge in ORD after arrival?
I’m flying CX J HKG-ORD on Sep 3, with domestic connection ORD-CVG. My understanding is that we should have access given the flights are the same day. I’ll report back with the result.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
Yes. You have a same-day international itinerary and an onward flight on OW. You will need to show your CX BP at the FL. Scanning that won't show them the separate onward ticket. They might or might not bother asking for the onward BP (if they don't, you could get in even if your onward flight was non-OW).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by zebes

I’m flying CX J HKG-ORD on Sep 3, with domestic connection ORD-CVG. My understanding is that we should have access given the flights are the same day. I’ll report back with the result.
You can report back, but, yes 100% you have access.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:11 pm

JFK international arrivals terminal 8

when arriving JFK from GRU in J, will I have access to Flagship Lounge for shower, or is there an arrivals lounge landside?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jr2009
when arriving JFK from GRU in J, will I have access to Flagship Lounge for shower, or is there an arrivals lounge landside?
There's no arrivals lounge at JFK. If you don't have a connecting flight from JFK then you won't be able to get back through security to use the FL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.