Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by coolcoil
The guest does not have to have status. There seems to be some question as to whether they need to by flying on a OW itinerary as well. But if they are travelling with you or also on a OW itinerary, no problem.
My friend has no status and is not traveling on a 1W carrier. That's where the question comes in...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:31 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

ORD T3 AA Flagship Lounge Interloper

I'm flying J class from ORD-MAN tonight on AA. I went to the Admirals Lounge in T3 and checked in. The agent started asking me about my BA status (my BAEC number is on the booking). I immediately thought I was going to be denied entry because I don't have much status, so I started to panic a little. I said I didn't know my status, but I think it's bronze (not used BA for a few years now). She looked a bit confused, and then handed over an invite for the Flagship Lounge.

Very nice

I assume that as a BA Bronze (or more probably blue these days) I shouldn't have had access?

I may have to start flying AA more often...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:38 pm

Cursed... 2 minutes after I posted this my flight got a 2 hour delay.

That'll learn me to gloat.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Cursed... 2 minutes after I posted this my flight got a 2 hour delay.

That'll learn me to gloat.
Maybe she saw the delay and hooked you up with access. That ORD-MAN seems to have a pretty bad on time record....
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Well your J class ticket gets you access to the Flagship Lounge even if your status doesn’t.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by wrp96
Well your J class ticket gets you access to the Flagship Lounge even if your status doesn’t.
Ah! Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: British Airways
Hi folks, anyone knows if possible to acces the flagship lounge at T3, when my flight is departing from T5 (ORD-DOH) ? Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:15 am

Hi everyone,

This might be asked already, but I'll be flying MAD to JFK in Business class then JFK to ORD in domestic first. Both segments are on the same itinerary (booked using AA miles). I believe my JFK to ORD flight also departs from Terminal 8.

Since I'll be flying international business class from MAD to JFK, will I have access to the flagship lounge before my domestic JFK to ORD flight?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi everyone,

This might be asked already, but I'll be flying MAD to JFK in Business class then JFK to ORD in domestic first. Both segments are on the same itinerary (booked using AA miles). I believe my JFK to ORD flight also departs from Terminal 8.

Since I'll be flying international business class from MAD to JFK, will I have access to the flagship lounge before my domestic JFK to ORD flight?

Thanks for your help!
Yep.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!
Per the AA website:

Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld®airline.*

*Departing flight must be the same-day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access

So, because your onward Oneworld flight (JFK-ORD) is the same day as your incoming international flight in J or prior to 6am the following day, you have access to the Flagship Lounge at JFK.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Now that this thread has had a little run in the Lounges forum, I'll just transfer it over to the AA forum for any erudite commentary from the congregation there assembled.

CWS/mod
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sluneckov
Hi folks, anyone knows if possible to acces the flagship lounge at T3, when my flight is departing from T5 (ORD-DOH) ? Thanks!
Yes. If OLCI and hand baggage only then go straight to T3, otherwise you will have to start by checking in at T5 and taking transport to T3. You can transfer back on the air side bus if you are within its operating hours.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:58 pm

Your status in ow doesn’t play into it as you were flying J.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm flying J class from ORD-MAN tonight on AA. I went to the Admirals Lounge in T3 and checked in. The agent started asking me about my BA status (my BAEC number is on the booking). I immediately thought I was going to be denied entry because I don't have much status, so I started to panic a little. I said I didn't know my status, but I think it's bronze (not used BA for a few years now). She looked a bit confused, and then handed over an invite for the Flagship Lounge.

Very nice

I assume that as a BA Bronze (or more probably blue these days) I shouldn't have had access?

I may have to start flying AA more often...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:59 am
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
Flagship Lounge guest policy enforcement? (to merge)

Flying DFW-LHR-FCO RT this fall with the fam. I’m EP. My understanding is that I can bring one guest into the FL. Are we not able to bring our 3 teenagers in as well? If that is the official policy, does anyone know how strictly it is enforced at DFW and LHR?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I think you maybe out of luck, but at the same time, if you get a good agent they might let them in. Are you all on the same PNR?
worst comes to worst, just buy a couple of Admirals club day passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.