Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by suziemay
If I'm OW Sapphire, do I get access to the Flagship Lounge regardless of flight? Curious about two scenarios in particular:
1) JFK-SEA in First (not Flagship First)
2) JFK-LHR in Economy (booked through BA but AA metal)

From the Wiki, I think I do as my OW status is through Cathay, not American, but I'm starting to doubt myself:

In the new Flagship Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
  • oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)
*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Yes. You have access when flying on any OW flight departing from the USA. (Assuming you are not OW Saphire from AA.)
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
Yes. You have access when flying on any OW flight departing from the USA. (Assuming you are not OW Saphire from AA.)
Thank you!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
Guest access

My wife flying business (MIA - CTG) was denied guest access to the MIA Flagship lounge. The agent indicated she could go in but for a guest she need to have AA status. I thought as per below she would be a qualified international passenger?

NOTE: Flagship First Class customers on Americans 3-class international and transcontinental flights will have exclusive, complimentary access to Flagship First Dining. Qualifying international passengers may bring one guest; qualifying domestic passengers are not allowed any guests.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by bamin
My wife flying business (MIA - CTG) was denied guest access to the MIA Flagship lounge. The agent indicated she could go in but for a guest she need to have AA status. I thought as per below she would be a qualified international passenger?

NOTE: Flagship First Class customers on Americans 3-class international and transcontinental flights will have exclusive, complimentary access to Flagship First Dining. Qualifying international passengers may bring one guest; qualifying domestic passengers are not allowed any guests.
The +1 guest only applies to International Flagship First Class pax. Your wife is flying business.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by bamin

She was rightfully denied a guest. You cherry picked from the Flagship Dining guest policy which still does not apply.

From https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp under Qualifying First and Business Class

Guest access
Qualifying international First Class
1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)

All other qualifying customers
No guests
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
FL lounge access on Transcon arrival?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but if I take the red eye a321t transcon flight from sfo, can I access the flagship lounge upon arrival in JFK (to shower) if traveling in transcon business

Last edited by SFGuy37; Apr 7, 2018 at 10:19 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SFGuy37
Sorry if this has already been answered, but if I take the red eye a321t transcon flight from sfo, can I access the flagship lounge upon arrival in JFK (to shower) if traveling in transcon business
Yes, you will have access.

Note: I'm adding it to the Wiki because, as you rightly guessed, it's been asked MANY times in this thread.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: A few here and there
Cathay j class

Im fairly certain the answer is yes but would love a second opinion. Im connecting in ord to Cathay in biz class. Im an ex plat. Will I have access to the new international lounge in ord?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:01 pm

Yes but don't forget the Flagship lounge is in Terminal 3 and Cathay departs from Terminal 5. Enjoy your time in the Flagship lounge then take the intra terminal bus from T3 to T5 and avoid the security line in T5.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: A few here and there
Thank you

Originally Posted by worldtrav
Yes but don't forget the Flagship lounge is in Terminal 3 and Cathay departs from Terminal 5. Enjoy your time in the Flagship lounge then take the intra terminal bus from T3 to T5 and avoid the security line in T5.
i have a long layover but really appreciate the advice
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I am traveling ORD-DFW-AMS. ORD to DFW in first and DFW to AMS in J. Will I be able to use the Flagship lounge at ORD?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I am traveling ORD-DFW-AMS. ORD to DFW in first and DFW to AMS in J. Will I be able to use the Flagship lounge at ORD?
Yes you will have access in Chicago if the DFW to AMS flight is same day. You will also have access to the temporary Premium Lounge in Concourse D (or any Admirals Club in the other concourses) in DFW as well
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
If as an EXP flying business class can my guest for flagship be on a different airline? or non-rev? Just wondering guest requirements.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by chitink
If as an EXP flying business class can my guest for flagship be on a different airline? or non-rev? Just wondering guest requirements.
Under AA rules, it appears so:

Guest access (EXP status) (link)

Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by chitink
Originally Posted by JDiver
Under AA rules, it appears so:

Guest access (EXP status) (link)

The AA Flagship Lounge page doesn't specify, but oneworld lounge access rules require all guests to also be on a oneworld flight...

• Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.