Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

Old Oct 20, 14, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
WOW.. I got an email from someone else in Customer Relations who says I was right. So, I called Customer Relations to ask how to deal with the ticket agent to extend the hold time to wait for the voucher. The person who answered also agreed with me.. It is interesting that the first 7 people (agents, supervisors, web agent, rate desk, and 1 Customer Relations person) were super sure I had to have all flights on AA or an AA codeshare.
The last 3 agreed with me (Twitter person, CR person who sent the email, CR person who answered the phone)
I even used Click2Mail to send priority snail mail to AA Legal. ETA 2 to 4 days, because I was nearly convinced I wasn't going to get help. It should not have gone this way.

Right now the person from Customer Relations is discussing it with a reservation supervisor who is also confused. I think there is a problem with some people not being able to understand what is written in the documentation.
Old Oct 21, 14, 8:22 am

Paper Voucher to E Voucher

Hi Folks,
I'm stuck with a paper voucher and always have issues redeeming it as you need 14 days to 30 days ahead to send it in etc. How do I convert that paper voucher into an electronic one?
Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 14, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by AAbruflyer View Post
Hi Folks,
I'm stuck with a paper voucher and always have issues redeeming it as you need 14 days to 30 days ahead to send it in etc. How do I convert that paper voucher into an electronic one?
Thanks!
IME, there is no way to easily convert a paper voucher to an electronic one.

You could book a new ticket w/the paper voucher and then cancel the new ticket and the the credit from the new ticket would be saved electronically for future use.
Old Oct 21, 14, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
WOW.. I got an email from someone else in Customer Relations who says I was right. So, I called Customer Relations to ask how to deal with the ticket agent to extend the hold time to wait for the voucher. The person who answered also agreed with me.. It is interesting that the first 7 people (agents, supervisors, web agent, rate desk, and 1 Customer Relations person) were super sure I had to have all flights on AA or an AA codeshare.
The last 3 agreed with me (Twitter person, CR person who sent the email, CR person who answered the phone)
I even used Click2Mail to send priority snail mail to AA Legal. ETA 2 to 4 days, because I was nearly convinced I wasn't going to get help. It should not have gone this way.

Right now the person from Customer Relations is discussing it with a reservation supervisor who is also confused. I think there is a problem with some people not being able to understand what is written in the documentation.
AA says they will make the instructions for processing vouchers easier to understand. Yesterday afternoon, I was took the voucher to AA at LAS and ticketed. Now I have to look up the earning rates on the carriers involved. It is nearly 8800 miles from LAX-DME-OVB.. If all at AA rate, it would be over 35K for the roundtrip... but I suspect the other carriers (BA, S7) might give less.
Old Oct 22, 14, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
AA Paper Voucher Processing Time

I sent a paper voucher in to AA about 3 weeks ago to apply against my spouses travel on Dec 2nd. The reservation has still not been ticketed (status is shown as 'unkown' on AA.com). How long does this process typically take? When should I start to get concerned that the voucher may have been lost in the mail?
Old Oct 22, 14, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by rikramer View Post
I sent a paper voucher in to AA about 3 weeks ago to apply against my spouses travel on Dec 2nd. The reservation has still not been ticketed (status is shown as 'unkown' on AA.com). How long does this process typically take? When should I start to get concerned that the voucher may have been lost in the mail?
Did you write the date of the first flight under your return address on the envelope in the format "02DEC"? This is what they use to prioritize processing.
Old Oct 22, 14, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ready2Go View Post
Did you write the date of the first flight under your return address on the envelope in the format "02DEC"? This is what they use to prioritize processing.
I wrote the travel date on the envelope. No idea what format I used...probably 'Dec 2, 2014'
Old Oct 22, 14, 2:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
They get processed based on date of travel. It can take awhile. Dreadful system.
Old Oct 22, 14, 3:12 pm

Yes, if the travel date is on the envelope there is no reason to be concerned. The reason for the delay is that the travel date is still several weeks away. Vouchers are not processed upon receipt.
Old Oct 22, 14, 3:15 pm

ok, thanks. So when should I start to get concerned? T-4 weeks from travel? T-3 weeks?
Old Oct 22, 14, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
AA Paper Voucher Processing Time

2 months ago I submitted vouchers for a Feb 2015 trip, it was processed last month. Did you kept a copy of the voucher? Maybe call them just to confirm if they have them and it is just in queue at the moment.
Old Oct 22, 14, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by arollins View Post
2 months ago I submitted vouchers for a Feb 2015 trip, it was processed last month. Did you kept a copy of the voucher? Maybe call them just to confirm if they have them and it is just in queue at the moment.
Curious to know if calling "them" is really possible. I've never heard of anyone being transferred to the facility that actually processes the vouchers, and I'm not aware that they're logged upon receipt in a way that would be visible to reservations agents. (But I claim no knowledge on the subject.)

Again, I don't think loss/mishandling of vouchers has ever been a commonly reported problem. Whereas slow-ish processing of vouchers for travel several weeks out is standard. So I wouldn't worry.
Old Oct 23, 14, 11:31 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I was told "10 days" when I booked a voucher flight Tuesday.
Old Oct 23, 14, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
AA vouchers on US

Are you able to use AA vouchers (given as comp for a delayed flight) on US Air flights?

I know I could with codeshare flights, but the AA codeshare is much more expensive.
Old Oct 23, 14, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by rikramer View Post
I wrote the travel date on the envelope. No idea what format I used...probably 'Dec 2, 2014'
Ah, see there's your problem right there: improper date formatting.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: