Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

Old Feb 18, 14, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by SJC AA View Post
My flight is in 5 days and Milton still hasn't ticketed it from my mailed vouchers. What now?
Call and ask if your PNR has any type of notation that the vouchers have been received. I was close to departure once and they were able to look at the record and at least tell me it showed something had arrived in the mail. I was ticketed before departure.
Old Feb 19, 14, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Called. Nothing. They said Milton is behind. Fine, but isn't that the reason why we put the date of the flight on the outside of the envelope?
Old Feb 20, 14, 6:27 am

My upgrade just came through on a flight that isn't even ticketed. I didn't know that was possible.
Old Feb 20, 14, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by SJC AA View Post
Called. Nothing. They said Milton is behind. Fine, but isn't that the reason why we put the date of the flight on the outside of the envelope?
They will only 'investigate' at T-48 hours.
Old Feb 20, 14, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r View Post
They will only 'investigate' at T-48 hours.
Does Milton work weekends? My flight is Monday 6am, which means the entire 48 hour period is over the weekend.
Old Feb 20, 14, 12:54 pm

Call now and tell them your flight is 6am on Monday. They should put you on hold and ticket right away. If not, escalate to a Supervisor.

You have a copy of your voucher(s), right?
Old Feb 21, 14, 1:48 pm

Hello Everyone! I recently lost a $300 voucher (along with my wallet) in the seat back pocket. I called customer service, and they asked me to contact customer relations. Just sent them an e-mail, hoping they will replace the voucher or credit for future travel. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I've seen one story in which the credit was replaced, but thought I'd see if anyone else has tried this after losing a voucher. Wish me luck!
Old Feb 27, 14, 8:09 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
wrong forum.. (edit)
Old Mar 24, 14, 9:19 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
Transportation Voucher Help

I have a transportation voucher for $350 for medical help on-board AA. It arrived some 3 months after its start date. It expires in April . If I book a fully refundable ticket say NYC to Washington one way and then cancel it will they refund me back the voucher with an extension to use it or will it expire and hence i will get no refund? Are there any admin charges for refundable tickets?

What would you do?

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 14, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You can't turn a non-refundable payment into a refundable payment with greater usefulness than the original form no matter what you do. If you purchase a refundable ticket for $400, using a $350 voucher, you will receive back a $50 refund to your original form of payment and a reissued voucher for $350, with the same expiration date.

I would call AA and ask for an extension based on the time it took to get the voucher to you.

Administrative fees will depend on the specific fare conditions but are generally US$0 unless stated,
Old Mar 24, 14, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA GLD
Agreed
Old Mar 25, 14, 10:12 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
Thanks for moving the above. I searched and did not come across this thread which is very helpful. I am now confused as I have 2 people saying that if i use my paper voucher it will not be refunded if i cancel a fully refundable flight as it will have gone over time , but i see in this thread some think a new voucher with new dates would be sent.

Can any one clarify for me?

many thanks
Old Mar 29, 14, 8:51 pm

Anyone knows the answer this to this? Whenever I try booking a US airways flight through the AA website it gives me an error: "The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."

Screw them! This is happening for EVERY US airways flight I am searching!!!!
Old Mar 29, 14, 9:52 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 View Post
Anyone knows the answer this to this? Whenever I try booking a US airways flight through the AA website it gives me an error: "The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."

Screw them! This is happening for EVERY US airways flight I am searching!!!!
If it's on US metal but it's an AA codeshare, give AA.com Web Services a call, and they should be able to book it or assist with booking it.

Otherwise if it's purely a US flight without an AA codeshare, I'd still give AA.com web services a call to see if it can be booked. [as of Febuary one still couldn't book a non-code share flight with an AA voucher of any time] If AA.com web services say you cannot use a voucher yet for booking US flights, I'd ask them if you'll be able to do so Monday when US and AA more closely allign.
Old Mar 29, 14, 11:01 pm

Programs: US DM Chairman; Marriott Gold
As a point of reference, I just used as US Airways Take Flight voucher to book a trip that included AA flights with a US flight number. I called the Chairman's line and the very nice rep said she had no clue of it would work and she'd give it a try. The computer took it as valid for the AA code share.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: