Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

Old Feb 4, 14, 5:08 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 15 at 4:15 am
Old Feb 9, 14, 3:57 pm

eVoucher Question

I am looking to use an eVoucher but can not figure out how to enter it on the AA website. I am given the option to pay with a credit card or paypal but not the voucher. Can anyone assist?

I am overseas at the moment. Could that be the reason?
Old Feb 9, 14, 4:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As your question pertains to the pre-merger American Airlines, it is being moved to that forum, and merged into the existing, extensive thread. (Please read the wikipost at the top of this (and every page in this) thread.)

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Originally Posted by patriots12 View Post
I am looking to use an eVoucher but can not figure out how to enter it on the AA website. I am given the option to pay with a credit card or paypal but not the voucher. Can anyone assist?

I am overseas at the moment. Could that be the reason?
Old Feb 10, 14, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
What a maddening process to use one of these things. Tried to use a voucher (from a cancelled ticket) to book a trip for fiancee and I, mailed it to FL as requested. A week later the itinerary still hadn't been ticketed. I call, agent says it may be another 2-3 weeks before they get to it. What? No thanks. I tell agent to ticket our itinerary without the voucher - I don't want to delay our upgrade requests any further. They try to charge me the phone booking fee too, thankfully I argued with them and got it waived, saying I would've never used the voucher if I knew it would take over a month to actually issue the ticket (and process our upgrade requests). Says the voucher (now unused) will be mailed back to me. We'll see about that. I'm going to just write it off at this point. AA sure goes out of their way to make it as hard to use these damn things as possible.
Old Feb 10, 14, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
I tell agent to ticket our itinerary without the voucher - I don't want to delay our upgrade requests any further.
Unless your departure date is very close, it often takes weeks to ticket with a voucher mailed in. That's one reason they have you write the travel date on the corner of the envelope when you mail it in. When I have systemwides in play I make it a point to ticket at the airport, even if it means a drive in, versus handling by mail.
Old Feb 11, 14, 7:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Unless your departure date is very close, it often takes weeks to ticket with a voucher mailed in. That's one reason they have you write the travel date on the corner of the envelope when you mail it in. When I have systemwides in play I make it a point to ticket at the airport, even if it means a drive in, versus handling by mail.
Lesson learned for sure and in retrospect that's what I would've done - seeing that I live barely a 15 min drive from OKC. Just curious - now obviously I don't have the original voucher in hand since it's mailed in - but if I want to use it before it's mailed back to me (which is quite possible - assuming it ever gets mailed back to me in the first place) - how can I do it? I took a picture of it (didn't make a copy - but I can print out the picture which is basically the same thing as a copy). Would an airport agent accept that as proof?
Old Feb 11, 14, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those vouchers are like cash - they're not going to accept copies. Many an agent has told me to treat is just like cash as it won't be replaced if I lose it. JUst last night at SFO the counter agent attached my voucher to some other documents to send in.

If handling by mail, I usually scan mine before I send it in, so if it gets lost in the mail en route to Florida I have the details for them to provide a replacement.
Old Feb 11, 14, 10:13 am

If handling by mail, I usually scan mine before I send it in, so if it gets lost in the mail en route to Florida I have the details for them to provide a replacement.
This is the BEST advice to take from this forum. I made a similar comment (post #680) a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by todd-r
Moral of the story. Keep a copy of everything you send in and when you are making your ticket rez ask the agent to put your voucher numbers in the PNR, just in case there are any issues that come up later on.
Old Feb 11, 14, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
AC agents can ticket this for you. It's not handled too often by them, but usually at least one person knows how to do it.

Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
Lesson learned for sure and in retrospect that's what I would've done - seeing that I live barely a 15 min drive from OKC. Just curious - now obviously I don't have the original voucher in hand since it's mailed in - but if I want to use it before it's mailed back to me (which is quite possible - assuming it ever gets mailed back to me in the first place) - how can I do it? I took a picture of it (didn't make a copy - but I can print out the picture which is basically the same thing as a copy). Would an airport agent accept that as proof?
You would need the voucher. The agent has to submit it when they use it for payment.
Old Feb 12, 14, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz PC
Hi AA FT Community,
Hoping for some help with AA Vouchers as I tried calling AA and wait time is > 2hour to get an agent. Long-time DL/NW elite here helping a friend with an AA issue. He has no status. Situation is that he had double-booked ticket last year resulting with one of the tickets being cancelled. He has the eticket # and PNR of the cancelled ticket, and was told it has positive value even after the cancellation fee. He was told he has one year to use the value. Now, he wants to use that value, but how does he apply it to a new reservation?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Feb 12, 14, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pleasantsn View Post
Now, he wants to use that value, but how does he apply it to a new reservation?
He can place a reservation on hold on the AA website, and then call AA providing the past ticket info so they can apply the credit to the new reservation. They might charge him a telephone booking fee even though there's no way to complete the process on the web site on your own.
Old Feb 12, 14, 4:41 pm

Credit is attached to cancelled PNR. Call in or go to airport to have ticketed.
Old Feb 12, 14, 6:01 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
You will need the ticket number from the original ticket. PNRs are recycled.
Old Feb 12, 14, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks for all the quick feedback. Looks like I will be sitting on hold for awhile..
Old Feb 18, 14, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
My flight is in 5 days and Milton still hasn't ticketed it from my mailed vouchers. What now?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: