Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
0. As soon as I got one, on any airline, I go out of my way to book it ASAP so I can't lose it or forget about it.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
Originally Posted by burtonmadness
So in the last 8 years of flying AA, I've received 5 paper vouchers for various reason.

I've just let another one expire (just for $110 so not too much), due to them being inconvenient to use.

/BM
That just makes me sad, but am sure AA counts on that. However, I did once have that happen because I didn't look at the date correctly, I contacted Customer Service and they were nice enough to let me use it. I did have a trip I was ready to book though.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by nall
5031 Commerce Park Circle
Dept 109
Pensacola, FL 32505

Is that what you got?
Yes, I just used that address and my reservation is already ticketed.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Well I feel better after reading the last few posts. Sent in my voucher darn near a month ago for a flight that we're taking in less than a week. For the past few weeks under ticket status it said "unknown". Just a few days ago it changed to "ticket pending" so I thought that meant Milton, FL finally got our voucher and were processing our ticket, but no ticket has been issued yet. What the hell is going on with AA these days?
I don't know if I should feel better or worse that everyone else is in the same boat.

I bought a ticket on 5/22 and mailed in voucher shortly thereafter for a flight 8/2. Still not ticketed. It says "ticket pending" in the summary page of all my trips and "unknown" on the reservation details for that flight specifically. Phone support has been friendly but has no power... has anyone found any other solutions? I have a photo of the voucher I could take to airport but not original (obviously since it was mailed).
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bqkali
I don't know if I should feel better or worse that everyone else is in the same boat.

I bought a ticket on 5/22 and mailed in voucher shortly thereafter for a flight 8/2. Still not ticketed. It says "ticket pending" in the summary page of all my trips and "unknown" on the reservation details for that flight specifically. Phone support has been friendly but has no power... has anyone found any other solutions? I have a photo of the voucher I could take to airport but not original (obviously since it was mailed).
The folks in FL prioritize their work by date of flight. That's why they ask for it on the envelope. Depending upon the load you can be days out before your tickets are processed. Makes for scary planning.

The need for the actual paper is antiquated as they can tell if the voucher has been used or not from the number alone. The few times where they say the mailing never made it, they have taken the number over the phone and processed the payment that way. I'm guessing they hope you will lose the voucher or forget about it and viola, they get to keep the money.

The only way I know to get the voucher processed quicker is to find someone at an airport or AA ticket office that knows how to handle them and walk your voucher in the door. Although AA claims the procedures are documented in the AA system and all TAs have access, I have found many do not wish to do the extra work and will tell you they don't know how to do them (and I wouldn't want someone like that handling my ticketing). And as I've experienced, even those that do step up to process them don't know all the rules and don't remove the taxes when they should.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
The need for the actual paper is antiquated as they can tell if the voucher has been used or not from the number alone. The few times where they say the mailing never made it, they have taken the number over the phone and processed the payment that way.

The only way I know to get the voucher processed quicker is to find someone at an airport or AA ticket office that knows how to handle them and walk your voucher in the door. Although AA claims the procedures are documented in the AA system and all TAs have access, I have found many do not wish to do the extra work and will tell you they don't know how to do them (and I wouldn't want someone like that handling my ticketing). And as I've experienced, even those that do step up to process them don't know all the rules and don't remove the taxes when they should.
Thanks for the response, I'm going to give it a shot at the airport on Friday when I'm there anyway or otherwise cross my fingers for a very last minute ticket. Nerve-wrecking for sure!
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bqkali
Thanks for the response, I'm going to give it a shot at the airport on Friday when I'm there anyway or otherwise cross my fingers for a very last minute ticket. Nerve-wrecking for sure!
Yes, and why I went to doing it live whenever possible. Allow a lot of time and, if at all possible, during slack times. I found the AC at ORD worked best for me. AAngel was willing to take the time and make phone calls to get questions answered. There was a period of time I had many vouchers to process and she would know when I was flying through (and didn't ask for the day off!).

BTW, if you don't have new vouchers/trip, they may push back trying to process your 8/2 flight at the airport. I would say you are within reason to call now and ask for escalation.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Sorry if this has probably been asked but the Search function didn't easily find it.

I got a $500 travel voucher from AA from a flight bump. Used part of it on 2 other tickets and had a $116.80 balance.

I booked two tickets going to SFO in August. Looks like it should have been $225.12/each, plus $45.08 in taxes and carrier imposed fees. And then $97.69 in charges to change seats. Total in the email when booking showed a balance of $638.09.

I go to the airport ticket counter and they credit the $116.80 to the tickets. However they only did 2 charges, one for $144.64 and another for $270.20. There's a $35 misc. charge showing pending on my CC account, no clue what that is. So essentially at the ticket counter they only charged me a total of $414.84. When I login the seat changes are there and it's showing ticketed. Am I missing something?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by skydiver75
There's a $35 misc. charge showing pending on my CC account, no clue what that is.
Could be the ticketing fee.

Q: Are there any charges associated with tickets issued by reservations offices, airport locations or American Airlines Travel Centers?
A: American Airlines Reservations
$25 for travel within the U.S.
$35 for international travel
Award Travel
$30 for travel within the U.S.
$40 for international travel
American Airlines Airport Ticket Counter And Admirals Club
$35 for travel within the U.S.
$45 for international travel
American Airlines Travel Center
A $35 USD charge applies
Due to government and market requirements, a higher charge may be charged in Colombia
This charge does not apply to:
Involuntary changes
Reissued tickets
AAdvantage Executive Platinum members when the member is traveling on either a revenue or award ticket. The service charge will not apply to any passenger booked in the same reservation as the AAdvantage Executive Platinum member.
AAdvantage award tickets issued within 21 days of travel and an expedite charge is collected.
AAirpass tickets
Government/military fare tickets
Prepaid tickets
https://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/FAQs...ations_FAQ.jsp
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:45 pm

The airport ticketing charge is very YMMV. Do you have a breakdown of the full fare construction/taxes for each ticket?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:28 pm

I have a physical voucher that I was hoping to use for miles/co-pay upgrade on an upcoming trip. I am currently wait-listed for the upgrade. AA agent tells me that vouchers cannot be used for upgrades only for new travel. The Wiki says otherwise. Can anybody confirm that voucher is okay for upgrade co-pay?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:23 pm

Voucher from cancelled non-refundable ticket

Purchased a $1000 ticket in May and later on have to cancel it due to family reasons. I intend to apply it to another $250 reservation with a change fee of $250.

Based on the previous experience I should be issued a $750 voucher. Just wondering what kind of voucher I will get. A paper or a code? Can it be used online or can only use over phone. Will it expire at May 2016 (original ticket issued) or it will expire July 2016 (time I cancel and voucher issued)?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by plexwang
Purchased a $1000 ticket in May and later on have to cancel it due to family reasons. I intend to apply it to another $250 reservation with a change fee of $250.

Based on the previous experience I should be issued a $750 voucher. Just wondering what kind of voucher I will get. A paper or a code? Can it be used online or can only use over phone. Will it expire at May 2016 (original ticket issued) or it will expire July 2016 (time I cancel and voucher issued)?
Should be a paper voucher and you need to apply it over the phone and then mail it in before they will ticket it (you can also go to the airport if you need the ticket sooner or don't want to mess with mailing). The voucher will expire in May 2016. You may even need to complete your travel before the May 2016 expiration date (I can't remember).
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
Should be a paper voucher and you need to apply it over the phone and then mail it in before they will ticket it (you can also go to the airport if you need the ticket sooner or don't want to mess with mailing). The voucher will expire in May 2016. You may even need to complete your travel before the May 2016 expiration date (I can't remember).
Another question: can I use two paper voucher (from two separate refund) in one reservation?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Yes, that shouldn't be an issue. Just provide them both when you call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.