Wiki Posts
Search

Major schedule changes 11 Feb 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Major schedule changes 11 Feb 2017)

AA had a major schedule change overnight. Check your reservations. Two of mine had changes of more than 2 hours and another now has a legal but short connecting time. I've received no notification from AA as of yet about these changes, but saw them when looking at my bookings on AA.com
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like a lot of changes for May --

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1355373
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:14 pm

Yes, I put a trip on hold yesterday for May and when I went to book it today, the flight numbers and departure times had changed (by 15 and 10 minutes respectively, not a big deal on this trip) and my seat assignments were changed.

Most importantly, the Purchase Now button had disappeared, so I had to call in and have a reservations agent ticket it. He did waive the fee.

I looked at just letting it cancel and rebooking but the trip was $235 yesterday in coach and $2877 (not a typo-- more than 10 times as much) today. Business class as around $600 yesterday and around $800 today. All very strange. Suspect it will all settle down in a few days, but still... a major annoyance for me today since the call centers were jammed with problems from the storm up north.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
My trip in May has flight number change, dep/arr time changes (by 10-15 min), and seat change due to aircraft type change...
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Woah - Looks like more 738s are making their way to DCA. My normal route (DCA-TPA) went from four daily 319s to two 319s and two 738s.

I will love those larger F cabins.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
I can't see it in the airliners.net list but it looks like the early morning AUS-MIA has gone away. That's a royal PITA as it's now no longer possible to connect to most destinations south east of MIA in the same day, and MIA is far from my first choice for an overnight.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA
Looks like some STL-DFW MD80s have been swapped as well. The schedule change caused a lot of havoc with a held itinerary from last night - couldn't pay online and the reservations agent had to get permission (if that's the word) to "tie in" the held fare with the new itinerary. Took almost an hour...and that was after the 70 minute callback - but saved a couple hundred bucks.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:09 pm

Looked on the app for flights in May. Huge changes to my schedule including connecting through separate co-terminal airports. No notice either.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Good news!

Originally Posted by grapkoski
Woah - Looks like more 738s are making their way to DCA. My normal route (DCA-TPA) went from four daily 319s to two 319s and two 738s.

I will love those larger F cabins.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:23 pm

Similar to what I posted last month. It seems like on January 7-8, they would revise the schedules for the next three months up to May 4, 2017. Then last night, they would revise the schedules for May 5, 2017 and later. In both cases, the 738 (SFO to DFW) and 757 (DFW to SFO) became pmUS 321's.

Last edited by vincepoy; Feb 13, 2017 at 1:59 am
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Interesting times.
Un-flown DONE4 (starts 08 Mar) with a flight PHX-STL 26 May mid-day changed to a different flight number 4 hours earlier . AA reservations won't touch the QR ticket.....
and there is no D class on the (4 hour) later flight. And nothing but Y class on the flight I was assigned (which I need for MrsWF) so it might be an Anytime award required.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

At the moment (un)happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Interesting times.
Un-flown DONE4 (starts 08 Mar) with a flight PHX-STL 26 May mid-day changed to a different flight number 4 hours earlier . AA reservations won't touch the QR ticket.....
and there is no D class on the (4 hour) later flight. And nothing but Y class on the flight I was assigned (which I need for MrsWF) so it might be an Anytime award required.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

At the moment (un)happy wandering

Fred
Try calling the RTW desk instead. A 2+ hour change should mean they will force open the space for you. But I'd go thru the RTW desk instead of general reservations.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:03 pm

Explains the downtime last night (I was unable to search flights).

A flight I had leaving MCI in May at 18xx is now at 15xx. No notice. That's cool.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
Try calling the RTW desk instead. A 2+ hour change should mean they will force open the space for you. But I'd go thru the RTW desk instead of general reservations.
My TA is working on it.... It is J7 but losing a mid day flight with a reasonable arrival time is a PAIN.

And there should now be a note in the PNR

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AA
Also curious if everyone lost seat assignments on the schedule change. I did and was not reassigned to another. Lost the aisle in the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.