Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reduced Mileage award: travel FROM or TO listed airport?

Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:02 am
Original Poster

For these reduced mileage awards, do you have to be traveling TO said airport? Or FROM said airport? Or it doesn't matter as long as one of the airports listed is your starting/ending point?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mg0901
For these reduced mileage awards, do you have to be traveling TO said airport? Or FROM said airport? Or it doesn't matter as long as one of the airports listed is your starting/ending point?
In the past, it did not seem to matter. Nowadays, it seems like you must be flying TO the reduced-mileage destination, either one-way or roundtrip.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: UA-SIL MR-TIT HYT-GBL IHG-PLT HH-DIA WYN-PLT AMEX-PLT
I believe that it still does not matter -- I just got one FROM to work out (one way) right before Christmas -- but it might take a lAA EXP agent to make it work -- I would HUCA on this one -- might find better luck.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I can confirm that, at least in my case, it still does not matter. I use these to get the +1 on SDF-DCA or vv. SDF was on the list for Feb & March, but not DCA. No problem ticketing one-ways at reduced mileage either direction.

7500 miles - 1000 reduced mileage - 650 10% rebate = 5850 miles, which is great value on a short-notice 474-mile flight that is $275+ one way if not bought in advance.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Nice, thank you all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.