Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What does "upgrade confirmed" (for SWU) on AA.com mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Marriott

I applied swu to a trip I booked (for family members, not myself).
When viewing the itinarary today on aa.com, in the "Upgrade Your Trip" segment, I see the attached image.
Specifically, the third column header is "Upgrade?" and the corresponding content is "Confirmed".
But the seats are still in Y.

However, in a different trip for the same passenger, I also called to apply swu but when viewing it in the same manner, there's no presence of "upgrade your trip" information at all.

Does “confirmed" here simply mean that my request to apply swu was received, instead of whether it's been processed? When does this "upgrade your trip" section show up in trips I booked for other people, and when is it not shown?

Thanks.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
This typically means you've been upgraded. If it happened very recently, the ticket might not yet be reissued (which could explain why your seat is still in Y). I'd wait 24 hours and see if things change.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjw242
This typically means you've been upgraded. If it happened very recently, the ticket might not yet be reissued (which could explain why your seat is still in Y). I'd wait 24 hours and see if things change.
Thank you. That gives me some hope.
It indeed happened very recently as I only saw it today.
It's for a flight later today, so I checked in online and now I'm told that the passengers are added to gate upgrade list.

Slightly longer story: the record locator was initially for a different flight which was upgraded, but it was cancelled due to weather yesterday. So they rebooked me and reapplied swu on this new flight.

Since the flight is for later today, I called in EXP line and the agent said it's not upgraded yet and she has no idea about what I see on aa.com. She even tried to check the trip on aa.com herself but couldn't see what I saw (maybe because I logged in when I checked).

I'll post here what happens at the end.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Update: it turns out the passenger names were at the bottom of the upgrade list which grew to 13 people before departure, so no luck at all with 3 cleared. Now that the trip is completed, I checked the itinerary again and the "confirmed" thing is replaced by "requested". However the swus were still deducted from my account. If they are not added back later I'll call.

Not sure if the "confirmed" was just a bug, or if I squandered the opportunity when I checked in after the status became "confirmed" but before ticket was reissued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.