FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources to 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1820828-archive-aa-oso-irops-irrops-delay-cancelation-etc-resources-2017-a.html)

ysolde Jan 22, 2017 4:44 pm

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources to 2017

Looks like tomorrow is going to be bad in NYC. High winds and wind gusts. We are supposed to be flying in. Thus far, no weather waiver on AA. We are in Florida, flying through Clt. Would we likely end up stuck in CLT?

ryan182 Jan 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Looks like its posted:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp

High Wind Advisory - New York AreaInformation current as of January 22, 2017If you’re traveling to/through/from:
  • Allentown, Pennsylvania (ABE)
  • New Haven, Connecticut (HVN)
  • Islip, New York (ISP)
  • New York Kennedy, New York (JFK)
  • New York LaGuardia, New York (LGA)
  • Newark, New Jersey (EWR)
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PHL)
  • White Plains, New York (HPN)
The change fee may be waived if you:
  • Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
  • Bought your ticket by January 22, 2017
  • Are scheduled to travel January 23, 2017
  • Can travel January 22 - 26, 2017
  • Don't change your origin or destination city
  • Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference
Change your tripLook up your trip and see if you have the ‘change trip’ button to change it online.

Look up your trip

Can't change your trip online?

Now as I am flying into JFK from SEA tomorrow morning and really dont want any delays I'm hoping all goes well tomorrow!

ysolde Jan 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Yup. It's posted. I put a call in and am waiting for a call back. I hope you get out safely and on time, ryan182! In any event, stay safe and be well.

ysolde Jan 22, 2017 6:12 pm

We are flying on Tuesday. Weather waiver applied. No change fees. There is also bad weather here tonight. Fun everywhere.

Acid Jan 22, 2017 6:19 pm

I was able to change Tuesday ticket to wednesday. AA marketed BA operated ticket (changed from O to N booking class)

zoombee Jan 23, 2017 9:14 am

I'm scheduled to fly out of JFK tonight (to Europe). My SWU has cleared and I'm confirmed in business class, will I be able to switch to a business class seat if a change is needed even if there is no C class availability?

I'm rarely flying out of JFK in Jan, obviously it's hard to know but does anyone have an experienced base guess on how likely it is that flights will actually get cancelled?

ty97 Feb 7, 2017 2:35 pm

Northeast travel waiver for February 9 posted.

Winter Storm - Northeastern U.S. and Canada
Information current as of February 7, 2017

If you’re traveling to/through/from:

Albany, New York (ALB)
Allentown, Pennsylvania (ABE)
Baltimore, Maryland (BWI)
Bangor, Maine (BGR)
Binghamton, New York (BGM)
Boston, Massachusetts (BOS)
Buffalo, New York (BUF)
Burlington, Vermont (BTV)
Elmira/Corning, New York (ELM)
Erie, Pennsylvania (ERI)
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (YHZ)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (MDT)
Hartford, Connecticut (BDL)
Long Island, New York (ISP)
Ithaca, New York (ITH)
Manchester, New Hampshire (MHT)
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts (MVY)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada (YUL)
New Haven, Connecticut (HVN)
New York Kennedy, New York (JFK)
New York LaGuardia, New York (LGA)
Newark, New Jersey (EWR)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (YOW)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PHL)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (PIT)
Portland, Maine (PWM)
Providence, Rhode Island (PVD)
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada (YQB)
Rochester, New York (ROC)
Salisbury, Maryland (SBY)
Scranton / Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania (AVP)
State College, Pennsylvania (SCE)
Syracuse, New York (SYR)
Washington Dulles, Virginia (IAD)
Washington Reagan Nationall, Washington, DC (DCA)
Watertown, New York (ART)
White Plains, New York (HPN)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania (IPT)
The change fee may be waived if you:

Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
Bought your ticket by February 7, 2017
Are scheduled to travel February 9, 2017
Can travel February 7 - 12, 2017
Don't change your origin or destination city
Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference

BThumme Feb 7, 2017 3:15 pm

Keeping an eye on this, this could cause a big headache for the next couple days.

JDiver Feb 7, 2017 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by zoombee (Post 27805261)
I'm scheduled to fly out of JFK tonight (to Europe). My SWU has cleared and I'm confirmed in business class, will I be able to switch to a business class seat if a change is needed even if there is no C class availability?

I'm rarely flying out of JFK in Jan, obviously it's hard to know but does anyone have an experienced base guess on how likely it is that flights will actually get cancelled?

It is AA policy to try to preserve a confirmed upgrade, on AA metal if possible but extending to its Joint Business partners (e.g. AY, BA, IB).

chix Feb 8, 2017 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 27878488)
Northeast travel waiver for February 9 posted.

Strange they included IAD and DCA. Questionable forecast is north of D.C.

Certainly not a complaint.... just do not want everyone to panic in DC for no reason like they usually do.

Biggie Fries Feb 8, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi from PHL ... Bad new is that tomorrow (9 Feb) looks to be bad travel day. Wasn't sure how to deal with this on short, non-essential trip, but now it seems I may be in catbird's seat since my first outbound flight PHL-CLT has been canceled. I received an e-mail to this effect, which also said that they were attempting to re-schedule. At this point re-scheduling is unlikely to help, and I would like to start cutting losses (hotels in particular). Not surprisingly, I cannot get through, even as ExPlat, and am awaiting a phone call in 2+ hours.

My questions are:
  1. Regardless of how they attempt to re-schedule me, am I correct that I can ask to cancel for a full refund, given that they canceled a flight first?
  2. Do I have to do this by waiting and speaking with someone, i.e., I shouldn't (or should I) do this via the cancel button on the website?

SpammersAreScum Feb 8, 2017 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by chix (Post 27882793)
Strange they included IAD and DCA. Questionable forecast is north of D.C.

Certainly not a complaint.... just do not want everyone to panic in DC for no reason like they usually do.

What's the DC forecast? Last night a DC-area friend just said "rain and sleet".

lupine Feb 8, 2017 8:24 pm

Trying to see end of this thread -- flyertalk not letting me move past the first page, so trying a post to see if that gets me there. :confused:

ty97 Feb 8, 2017 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by lupine (Post 27884516)
Trying to see end of this thread -- flyertalk not letting me move past the first page, so trying a post to see if that gets me there. :confused:

I've had the same experience. There's a note in the wiki that this thread is actively pruned to remove old posts (I assume posts about expired weather waivers get deleted). My guess is that the pagination logic doesn't know how to deal with that so it shows the multi-page result despite the lack of multiple pages following the post deletions.

wrp96 Feb 9, 2017 7:50 am

Originally Posted by lupine (Post 27884516)

This thread has been altered so many times - basically every time there are OSO posts accumulate. Then once it's over they delete the posts, leaving the initial post in the thread. But it causes problems in how the thread displays. As of right now, there's probably only one or two pages on this thread, even though it looks like there should be 7.