Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources to 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources to 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Doubtful you would experience a 24-hour delay absent serious weather issues. AA would almost certainly reroute you onto a LHR service connecting to BA or even onto BA for the TATL hop as well.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
On the return, if you are delayed departing MCO, remember there are all sorts of options that don't require you to connect through PHL to get to MAN from MCO, and should be asked about if there is an issue. For example, there's an AA flight from JFK also BA and Aer Lingus options from MCO.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Adding on to what others have said, if you are delayed MAN-PHL, there are a couple of later PHL-MCO that you should be able to be reaccommodated on.

If MCO-PHL is delayed, do try to get new flights out of MCO. There aren't really any good (same day) options out of PHL on AA/BA metal to get you home after the MAN flight departs
Old May 31, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver / OWS
Thanks again all, yes it is the PHL connection on the return that is most concerning and could result in a close to 24hr delay. Once missed, if the LHR flight is gone the best might be a trip westbound to get a different overnight flight from, say, ORD.

Advice on re-touring whilst still at MCO gives many more options, potentially even direct to UK. If that happened, who would I speak with in MCO?

Thanks again all. Very helpful advice.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by spinksflights
Thanks again all, yes it is the PHL connection on the return that is most concerning and could result in a close to 24hr delay. Once missed, if the LHR flight is gone the best might be a trip westbound to get a different overnight flight from, say, ORD.

Advice on re-touring whilst still at MCO gives many more options, potentially even direct to UK. If that happened, who would I speak with in MCO?

Thanks again all. Very helpful advice.
Since AA would be responsible for re-routing you, you would speak with an AA agent.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
How many people are travelling?
Old May 31, 2017, 3:00 pm

There are 7 of us, across 2 different PNR's that we're 'linked' by AA through a note in the records. As an aside, that does seem to have had more of an impact than I would expect from a note since it meant the second booking has since inherited some seat booking privileges associated with my BAEC status.
Old May 31, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
With 7 passengers, if you do have a missed connection, reacommodating 7 passengers on the same flight may be tough. Have a plan in a place of how you would split up, if possible. The smaller the groups, the easier it will be to reaccommodate. Obviously small kids can't be by themselves, but you could break into groups of 3 and 4 (or even smaller groups if you have more adults).
Old May 31, 2017, 3:16 pm

Thanks again!

We are 2 grand-parents, 2 parents and 3 kids, so could easily do 2 + 5 or 2 + 2 + 3 if needed. Although I'm aware of the routes through Ireland, Aer Lingus had completely slipped my mind and a useful option.

I'm used to travelling with the support of a corporate travel team and as a lone passenger when faced with a delay or being in the wrong city is just irritating and inconvenient. As I've taken the lead on this trip I feel responsible for everyone, which is both natural and true to some degree.

Our choice to do this route adds some potential complexity, though ran lack clockwork last year and on a slightly different route with VS/DL the year before, but saved us around $5-$6k and so worth some disruption if it comes.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
AA 325 LAX MCO blew 2 tires taxiing to gate. 90 minutes on the taxiway waiting to change the wheel. Not sure how that happens at 1 AM?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by jfinsocal
AA 325 LAX MCO blew 2 tires taxiing to gate. 90 minutes on the taxiway waiting to change the wheel. Not sure how that happens at 1 AM?
Probably the same way it happens any other time of day...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
After two hours we deplaned using stairs on the taxiway followed by a bus ride and a 1 hour wait at baggage claim. Nighttime mechanics couldn't lift the plane. Received 7500 RDM today.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:13 am

Award ticket reroute in OSO / IROPS

Just booked a CLT-BOS-HKG award ticket, using AA miles, on AA and CX in First later this summer. I was wondering more experienced travelers could give me some insight if involuntary change were to happen before or during travel.

I booked the BOS connection with 3+hours, but with summer thunderstorms if a delay happens is AA/CX going to rebook in F? Would they downgraded me to Y or J in a weather or mechanical situation?

thank you in advance
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by onic
Just booked a CLT-BOS-HKG award ticket, using AA miles, on AA and CX in First later this summer. I was wondering more experienced travelers could give me some insight if involuntary change were to happen before or during travel.

I booked the BOS connection with 3+hours, but with summer thunderstorms if a delay happens is AA/CX going to rebook in F? Would they downgraded me to Y or J in a weather or mechanical situation?

thank you in advance
If irrops happen you would be rebooked in F, no different than if you were on a paid F ticket.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
May sure they know you're willing to wait for F (likely at your own expense) if they offer Y or J seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.