Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources to 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources to 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Looks like AA updated their waiver for SJU sometime this week to allow changes in origin and destination. Of course, difference in fare applies.

If I rebook for a trip that has a lower fare, should I still expect to get the difference back as a refund or voucher (I'm guessing it's a voucher), or does "difference in fare" only apply to higher fares?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Post clean-up has been done, and the new "Dynamic Reaccom" self-reaccommodation tool has been added to the Wikipost and in post #2 .

/Moderator
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by JDiver
Ah. Thanks for the explanation.

I'd call AA once more - you had a waived change, AA put you on BA (presumably endorsing the ticket over and making the changes) so it's up to AA as the ticket issued to make BA Whole again (but as the JBA assures revenue neutrality, there's presumably nothing for BA anyway). What did BA charge your credit card for?
I am not sure why BA charged the CC. All my discussions were with AA. I suspect it has to do someting with it being a mileage ticket. I used miles to get Business Class to London.
I called the bank to confirm it was BA really charging the CC then I called AA who agreed that I shouldn't be charged and was advised to call BA. Unfortunately BA doesn't have a local office where I am from so its an international call, got fed up after being on hold for 15 minutes.
I emailed BA though and i have a case# with a promise of a response in 5 days.
I also emailed AA customer service too.
Pissed to say the least.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Valmiki
I am not sure why BA charged the CC. All my discussions were with AA. I suspect it has to do someting with it being a mileage ticket. I used miles to get Business Class to London.
I called the bank to confirm it was BA really charging the CC then I called AA who agreed that I shouldn't be charged and was advised to call BA. Unfortunately BA doesn't have a local office where I am from so its an international call, got fed up after being on hold for 15 minutes.
I emailed BA though and i have a case# with a promise of a response in 5 days.
I also emailed AA customer service too.
Pissed to say the least.
Ah! I'm guessing they charged you the YQ (used to be fuel charge, but as that got ridiculous when fuel prices went down it's now a "carrier imposed surcharge") imposed by BA on AA awards.

The thing to emphasize is you were on AA operated flights, due to airport closure you were involuntarily rerouted to a BA operated flight and were told you would incur no charges. This is one of those "ping pong" issues AA and BA will try to shove off onto each other, but BA made the charges so good luck.

For more information about this charge I believe you were made to pay due to someone's error, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:39 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
LAS delays SUN/MON Oct. 8/9 quest.

I was flying from LAS to CLT (dep. Mon. 10/9 at 12:50 AM), my flt left on time^.
They run a Sunday (only) #507 , scheduled to dep. at 10:55 PM, it kept getting delayed and was scheduled for 12:40 AM. They made an announcement at 12:20 AM, that the inbound would arrive at the gate in 10 minutes; it still wasn't there at 12:50 AM.
There was a flt. from LAS to PHX at 7:45 pm, the dep. board noted "returned to gate"; at 12:30 AM they announced that that flt was awaiting a flt. crew coming in from Ontario (CA) and more info would be forthcoming when that flt was airborne (not AA, but another carrier).
The dep board for LAS listed nearly every flt was on time EXCEPT for Spirit (delays are normal for them) and AA. One of the AA PA announcements noted LAS delays, does anyone know if there was a general LAS problem?
PS: I'm guessing crew issues, but why didn't they play "musical chairs" and use my aircraft for the 10:55 PM flt. and use the late incoming aircraft for my flt.?--but from my perspective, I'm glad they didn't.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EP
Hasn’t LAS been having high winds and blowing dust?

Originally Posted by nrr
I was flying from LAS to CLT (dep. Mon. 10/9 at 12:50 AM), my flt left on time^.
They run a Sunday (only) #507 , scheduled to dep. at 10:55 PM, it kept getting delayed and was scheduled for 12:40 AM. They made an announcement at 12:20 AM, that the inbound would arrive at the gate in 10 minutes; it still wasn't there at 12:50 AM.
There was a flt. from LAS to PHX at 7:45 pm, the dep. board noted "returned to gate"; at 12:30 AM they announced that that flt was awaiting a flt. crew coming in from Ontario (CA) and more info would be forthcoming when that flt was airborne (not AA, but another carrier).
The dep board for LAS listed nearly every flt was on time EXCEPT for Spirit (delays are normal for them) and AA. One of the AA PA announcements noted LAS delays, does anyone know if there was a general LAS problem?
PS: I'm guessing crew issues, but why didn't they play "musical chairs" and use my aircraft for the 10:55 PM flt. and use the late incoming aircraft for my flt.?--but from my perspective, I'm glad they didn't.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
A friend is a PHX gate agent that lives in LAS and was trying to return home to Vegas on Sunday night. The cause of most if not all of the delays was high winds. Once she finally got a seat on a plane, they sat in PHX due to a ground stop in LAS.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I didn't make any notes about it, but when I looked at fly.faa.gov during the day yesterday, there were definitely LAS ATC delays.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:46 am

There are links to resources that can show reasons for airport delays in the Wikipost at the top of this thread.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:47 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Hasn’t LAS been having high winds and blowing dust?
Yes, there was wind; but the flights I noted were late evening and most flights that evening were listed as ON TIME.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nrr
Yes, there was wind; but the flights I noted were late evening and most flights that evening were listed as ON TIME.
It was the wind.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
Different aircraft have different limits on cross-winds, etc. That could be part of the reason.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Hurricane Ophelia Travel Waiver (DUB)

AA has issued a travel advisory for Dublin, Ireland (!) for Hurricane Ophelia.

Hurricane Ophelia - Ireland
Information current as of October 14, 2017

If you’re traveling to/through/from:

Dublin, Ireland (DUB)
The change fee may be waived if you:

Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
Bought your ticket by October 14, 2017
Are scheduled to travel October 16, 2017
Can travel October 14 - 19, 2017
Don't change your origin or destination city
Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:12 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Nice to see that AA has extended the waiver for SXM to include flights to August 31, 2018 (a few days ago it was still only to December 31, 2017).

But I'm not sure what good it does me to re-book to SXM another day before September 30, 2018 given the shape the island seems to be in. I would much rather be able to change to another airport in the vicinity - SKB, in particular - or just get a refund.
Originally Posted by JDiver
We were scheduled SXM-MIA-SFO 23 Nov. our transatlantic cruise operating compchsbged disembarkation to BGI. I called AA and got changed to BGI-MIA-SFO without change fees, only the change in fare was added.

[...]

The confusing parts were 1) the policy isn't as well written and clear as it could be, and 2) the agent was bound and determined to misread the policy and kept telling me the change fee waiver only applied through 30 Sepm2027, until I kept repeating it was 30 Sep 2018 and the waiver was for flights to or from SXM booked through 31 Dec 2017. Yep, a long time EP agent.
In the end, AA cancelled the SXM-MIA flight that we were originally supposed to be on, putting us on an afternoon flight and getting us home 3/4 of a day later than our original booking.

I used this schedule change to just get a fee-free cancellation of the existing itinerary and will re-book something new departing from SKB without having to have a lengthy discussion with an agent.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
10/29 Northeast USA weather

I have an AA codeshare BA metal flight due to arrive JFK Sunday Oct 29 evening. I went to explore my options to change flights but AA says there are no same day change options available. Is this because I’m on BA metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.