Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Results of Tweeting compliments about AA employees to AA?

Old Feb 6, 17, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

To thank an AA employee for amazing service, does Tweeting a compliment to AA do any good?

Or is there a way to submit an Above & Beyond certificate to AA if I didn't have one with me at the time to give to the employee, or otherwise ensure that the employee gets "credit" for being amazing?

The most amazing flight attendant handled a recent flight that I was on: she greeted us (in FC) by name, thanked us for our business, acknowledged our elite status, and made sure that we were otherwise taken care of. She was pure class. I didn't have an Above & Beyond certificate with me, so I sent a compliment about her to AA via Twitter. She really should be promoted.

Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 17, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I don't have one in front of me at the moment, but as I recall, the certificates provide instructions on how to mail one in. Presumably you need to collect the employee's name and/or certain other bits of information to write on the cert and ensure it gets credited properly.
Old Feb 6, 17, 9:26 am

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
I've submitted two compliments via internet to customer service. Never heard back on either one.
Old Feb 6, 17, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz President's Circle, National EXC, Hyatt EXP, UA/HHonors/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
When tweeting compliments, I've often received a reply that they would forward on...so I guess YMMV.
Old Feb 6, 17, 10:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Generally, the conventional wisdom says the tweets get to the employee's file and supervisor, and tweeting is an effective way to register kudos.

It may be you can include an Abive and Beyond certificate number. I'd do this by DM and not public Twitter feed. See the Twitter thread if you're unsure of how to do this.
Old Feb 6, 17, 10:26 am

Anytime I have tweeted about good service to AA they have always ask the I PM them exact details of flight etc so you can pass it on. What ever pass it on means.
Old Feb 6, 17, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by mcgahat View Post
Anytime I have tweeted about good service to AA they have always ask the I PM them exact details of flight etc so you can pass it on. What ever pass it on means.
My one experience with attempting to do this didn't work out so well.

I wanted to compliment the ground staff at GRU for the way they handled boarding of my flight to DFW. Even after I provided the date and flight number, they were unwilling to accept the compliment without my frequent flyer #, which I wasn't exactly eager to tweet.
Old Feb 6, 17, 1:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum View Post
My one experience with attempting to do this didn't work out so well.

I wanted to compliment the ground staff at GRU for the way they handled boarding of my flight to DFW. Even after I provided the date and flight number, they were unwilling to accept the compliment without my frequent flyer #, which I wasn't exactly eager to tweet.
You would not have been required to place your FF# in the public forum. You could have sent a Direct Message to the AA Twitter team. Usually, you must be following each other to send a DM, but that is not the case for American Airlines.
Old Feb 6, 17, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
You would not have been required to place your FF# in the public forum. You could have sent a Direct Message to the AA Twitter team. Usually, you must be following each other to send a DM, but that is not the case for American Airlines.
Yep, that is correct about sending the FF# via DM versus publicly. I get not wanting to send the info even via DM but that is how support works now days and I have gotten things fixed pretty quickly. They now know who I am but I am good with it.
Old Feb 6, 17, 1:53 pm

Conversely, I wonder if tweeting complaints about specific AA employees would help to fix poor behavior....
Old Feb 6, 17, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Executive Elite
Just the past Friday, I had an AAgent at TPA go out of her way to retrieve an item I left on-board and did not realize until after I had gotten to my car. She did an amazing job at tracking down the item and later went air side to pick it up and bring it to me. I sent in a compliment (didn't have any certs on me) and received a response by Saturday morning thanking me and saying they would send it onto the TPA management team.
Old Feb 6, 17, 2:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
I do the same thing. When a particular crew, FA, agent, etc. is exceptional, I send a public tweet to AA, and then I DM them my flight number, date of travel, and the compliment.

I've always been told it would be passed on, and I'd like to think they do. They certainly pass valid complaints on, so I would hope positive feedback would be no exception.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: