Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
As noted, the Pier is magnificent, though clearly not worth 12 hrs. That's ample time for a quick trip into town, I'd certainly leave time for a proper meal and massage at the Pier (and time to get there, since it is a ways away from where US flights USUALLY board).

Good luck with the CX flight, what's the sold load at this point? Hopefully showing F6!
I don't know what the load is on CX 881 LAX-HKG Feb. 11. I have 1F seat, husband has 1 J seat.

After spending time in Hong Kong we will return to HKIA for a 8:10pm flight to CMB. I was planning on going to the Per, having a shower and then dinner before boarding CX 611. I was thinking of arriving back at the airport around 6:00pm.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by akcae
For sure, with 12hrs you should venture into HKG. If you get in early enough, lines for the Peak Tram are short in the morning, and the views from the top are stunning (assuming it's not cloudy/hazy). Or you might even be able to squeeze in the Lantau Island's Tian Tan Buddha -- the cable car ride alone is worth it for the views.
We arrive 7:40am at HKG. As soon as we shower and grab breakfast at the Arrivals lounge I will get RT train tickets and head straight for the Peak Tram.
After that look for dim sum for lunch. Then maybe some shopping and back to the airport for a 8:10pm flight to CMB.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by CGRA
seems that you'll have a great time
does some special meal better than the regular meal ? (in F)
The special meal is on our return JL flight NRT-ORD. I wanted to be sure and reserve the Japanese meal for F. On CX 881 whatever is served in F will be fine with me.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by susiesan
I don't know what the load is on CX 881 LAX-HKG Feb. 11. I have 1F seat, husband has 1 J seat.

After spending time in Hong Kong we will return to HKIA for a 8:10pm flight to CMB. I was planning on going to the Per, having a shower and then dinner before boarding CX 611. I was thinking of arriving back at the airport around 6:00pm.
I hope by Feb 11 you mean the night of 10/11 and not 11/12 (12:10 am departure).

CX 881 shows F5 on 2/11, so you've got the only F seat so far!
2/12 shows F1.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I hope by Feb 11 you mean the night of 10/11 and not 11/12 (12:10 am departure).

CX 881 shows F5 on 2/11, so you've got the only F seat so far!
2/12 shows F1.
Yes, we are on CX 881 at 12:10 am Feb. 11., leaving MCI on Feb. 10. With 5 F still unsold that's good news for hopefully having my husband join me in F. he has the miles needed to change from a J award to an F.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
Yes, we are on CX 881 at 12:10 am Feb. 11., leaving MCI on Feb. 10. With 5 F still unsold that's good news for hopefully having my husband join me in F. he has the miles needed to change from a J award to an F.
He has enough miles pre or post devaluation, or both?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:30 pm

Question moved to CX Meal thread

Last edited by BBPlaya13; Jan 8, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
Is there anything odd to be aware of with regards to F meals and timing of NA-HKG CX flights? For example, I see LAX and JFK have very early/late departures (10pm 12am, 1am), does that mean you aren't served when you get on and are served a breakfast/lunch later instead?
I'm currently scheduled on a mid-day JAL F JFK-NRT flight but am looking in to earlier/different CX JFK/LAX/ORD-HKG flights and want to make sure I don't miss out on anything!
The CX page on Flyertalk has a menu thread. Hopefully some recent examples will answer your question.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:41 pm

Is there anything odd to be aware of with regards to F meals and timing of NA-HKG CX flights? For example, I see LAX and JFK have very early/late departures (10pm 12am, 1am), does that mean you aren't served when you get on and are served a breakfast/lunch later instead?
If I recall correctly, in CX F you can order your meals (or portions thereof) anytime you wish.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:55 pm

The CX page on Flyertalk has a menu thread. Hopefully some recent examples will answer your question.
TY. I'll move my question there. ^
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:01 pm

TY. I'll move my question there. ^
I wasn't being snippy, just saying there's a great menu thread there.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by Counsellor
If I recall correctly, in CX F you can order your meals (or portions thereof) anytime you wish.
Yup, this is correct. Have always had Ala carte dining on all my CX F flights, although I usually eat the first meal as soon as possible.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
If it's 2/11, does it matter? The deval doesn't happen till 3/22.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:08 pm

This upgrade from J to F if available will be done pre devaluation, at current levels. He has 53,995 left in his account now. I only need to redeem 7500 more for F.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Yup, this is correct. Have always had Ala carte dining on all my CX F flights, although I usually eat the first meal as soon as possible.
May sound tacky, but I always grab a small tube of Pringles in HKG or JFK. They fit perfectly in the cutout by the closet in each suite. The blinis on CX are utter rubbish. The lightness, heft and saltiness of the Pringles better compliment the caviar. I didn't believe it either, until I tried it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.