Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Travel Agent AA Premium Seat Maps Blank (fixed)

Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond

Looking at a few seat maps this morning and it seems that Expert Flyer is not showing any information for J/F cabins. Y shows up correctly (i.e. matches aa.com) Did I miss something or is this just a fluke?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:50 am

I had a seat alert set up that I received open notification and when I looked at the business class seating chart on EF, it was completely open when it was previously almost full.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
Something must be up...I also got an alert notification from EF his morning. Went to AA.com to check it out, but the seatmap was still as full as the other day- no changes.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
No seat alert for my PHL-CDG.

EF is showing empty on the seat map for J, but J2. Yesterday full except 1C & F

AA.com showing 2 unassigned seats-1C & F

Last edited by Dallas49er; Jan 31, 2017 at 6:34 am
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:08 am

I'm gonna believe AA's info on this one. Something's up with EF's data.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by sosfo
Looking at a few seat maps this morning and it seems that Expert Flyer is not showing any information for J/F cabins. Y shows up correctly (i.e. matches aa.com) Did I miss something or is this just a fluke?
I woke up to the same problem. Had a few seats alerts triggered and saw all business / first cabins showing completely empty on EF. Everything looks fine on AA.com though. Economy cabins appear to match AA.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Same here - had a bunch of different seat alerts this morning, which looked suspicious. For a moment, I thought maybe an equipment change, but it was for multiple flights.

EF shows cabins empty, but AA shows accurate seat availability. I'm sure it will be fixed in short order.

Don't forget to reset your alerts once it is fixed!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Same here. Got a Seat Alert e-mail this morning in what has turned out to be a "false positive." At first on seeing the subject line I thought it was an op-up for my CX flight tomorrow...alas, that may have to wait, if it happens at all.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Also showing up incorrectly for me on ExpertFlyer -- all premium cabins on AA show completely unoccupied. The query function however reflects the correct number of available seats in domestic first (J).
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Also showing up incorrectly for me on ExpertFlyer -- all premium cabins on AA show completely unoccupied. The query function however reflects the correct number of available seats in domestic first (J).
Same, all first class seats are 'empty' on my flight this Sunday from LGA to ORD. I know about 6 of them were occupied last time I checked.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:44 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Exclamation

There is currently an issue with AA premium cabin seat maps and our reservation system provider. We just talked to them and our contacts at AA and both are working on the issue.

As this affects most travel agents in North America, they are just as eager to have it fixed as we are. When they fix the issue, the proper premium cabin seat maps will be reflected on ExpertFlyer. Thanks for your understanding.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
There is currently an issue with AA premium cabin seat maps and our reservation system provider. We just talked to them and our contacts at AA and both are working on the issue.

As this affects most travel agents in North America, they are just as eager to have it fixed as we are. When they fix the issue, the proper premium cabin seat maps will be reflected on ExpertFlyer. Thanks for your understanding.
Great to hear you're working on the fix. Thanks for the update! ^
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Not sure if related. But 3 weeks ago on an AA domestic flight, the F seat maps cleared and not just on EF, but on AA. The gate agent cleared 11 people on the upgrade list (E175) and all boarded. But then they realized that they started getting duplicate seats when scanning boarding passes.

The flight was delayed and all of us who were upgraded had to deplane and get new seats - and not the original seat you had. And when the agent cleared some back to F - they did not do it per the upgrade list.

I suspect this is an AA issue and not an EF issue.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
This was on EF this morning when I check on an upcoming flight:

AA Seat Maps for First or Business cabins may show all seats as Available. This is an issue that AA is working on with their information providers and when they fix the issue it will be reflected on ExpertFlyer. Thank you for your understanding.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
It still has that alert but looks like it is accurate now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.