Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Just tried to call AA to change a CX flight that departs in 3 days. They stated that CX has "control" of the flights and there is nothing they can do.

Anyone run into this before? How can I not change my flight? Anyway around this?
Are you trying to bring the date of travel forward or back.

If trying to change to a later date, I would expect that to be possible
If trying to travel earlier, e.g. within a day , may be too close in for AA to be able to make the booking
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:43 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I have changed CX booking half way through the itinerary by calling AA.
HUACA
I second. Shouldn't be a problem.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Are you trying to bring the date of travel forward or back.

If trying to change to a later date, I would expect that to be possible
If trying to travel earlier, e.g. within a day , may be too close in for AA to be able to make the booking
If things have not changed, the cut-off time for reticketing CX flight is 4 hours before departure.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Quick update on my earlier post about AA telling me CX has "control" the booking, and not allowing me to make changes.

I called back and spoke to someone else, and they took care of the change. Why are some AAgents just incompetent?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Quick update on my earlier post about AA telling me CX has "control" the booking, and not allowing me to make changes.

I called back and spoke to someone else, and they took care of the change. Why are some AAgents just incompetent?
Perpetual mystery and one of the good reasons sites like Flyertalk exist - incompetent / clueless agents from airlines, hotels and banks are daily encounters when consumers need the help. Sad but a way of life.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
If things have not changed, the cut-off time for reticketing CX flight is 4 hours before departure.
It's an interesting situation. I've been told pretty authoritatively that restriction no longer exists, however it still exists in the most recent internal documentation:

CX does not accept bookings on flights when the flight departure is 4 hours or less. New bookings, or changes to ticketed bookings, will be rejected if travel is 4 hours or less prior to departure.
In any case, no, no within-1-day limitation or anything like that.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
It's an interesting situation. I've been told pretty authoritatively that restriction no longer exists, however it still exists in the most recent internal documentation:

In any case, no, no within-1-day limitation or anything like that.
Small point. No regs on cancellations as near as I can tell. I've cancelled CX awards after boarding has started, and always get the miles back from AA.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Small point. No regs on cancellations as near as I can tell. I've cancelled CX awards after boarding has started, and always get the miles back from AA.
Yes, that's a given-- not connected to this rule.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
EF is showing F2 36 hrs before flight. Does anyone know what are the chances these seats get released?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awards: CX / Cathay Pacific / (inc. F and J) - questions, availability

Both seats? 3.7%
One seat? 48.2%
If another passenger cancels in the next 27.4 hours, then the odds increase to 43.8% and 73.5%, respectively.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: QF LTG
I have an award for 2 pax in J on JFK-YVR-HKG-TPE which I need to change to go to BKK not TPE. I am Exec Platinum and am told this is not an allowed change so the agent dropped the HKG-TPE sector without charge but refused to add HKG-BKK without redepositing the award (and risking losing the award space) and suggested I could redeem a second award for HKG-BKK or buy a revenue ticket

Anyone have any advise as to if this is a HUCA situation or if the agent was correct?

Just don't want to keep calling and wasting their time if they are actually correct.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
I am Exec Platinum and am told this is not an allowed change so the agent dropped the HKG-TPE sector without charge but refused to add HKG-BKK without redepositing the award (and risking losing the award space) and suggested I could redeem a second award for HKG-BKK or buy a revenue ticket.

Anyone have any advise as to if this is a HUCA situation or if the agent was correct?
Ugh, what a terrible response from an incompetent AAgent. Definitely HUACA, it should be no problem to drop TPE and insert BKK without losing your JFK-HKG flights.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
I have an award for 2 pax in J on JFK-YVR-HKG-TPE which I need to change to go to BKK not TPE. I am Exec Platinum and am told this is not an allowed change so the agent dropped the HKG-TPE sector without charge but refused to add HKG-BKK without redepositing the award (and risking losing the award space) and suggested I could redeem a second award for HKG-BKK or buy a revenue ticket

Just don't want to keep calling and wasting their time if they are actually correct.
100% call back. I have added and deleted sectors as they become available. (Specifically, HKG-BKK, on the rare occasion it is not available.) If it is available, they should be able to add HKG-BKK no problem. No need to cancel and start over.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by 110pgl
100% call back. I have added and deleted sectors as they become available. (Specifically, HKG-BKK, on the rare occasion it is not available.) If it is available, they should be able to add HKG-BKK no problem. No need to cancel and start over.
Agreed. I've added/deleted segments as many as 7 times to a sole JFKHKG sector given I typically booked the longhaul @330 days and then sort out my vacation over the following several months.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Thanks everyone! Called back and fixed it all up. Too easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.