Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction discussion post-2015 AAdvantage merger

ARCHIVE: MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction discussion post-2015 AAdvantage merger

Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Why is there basically zero EZE Bus or First availability on AA metal (after a few days out plus spotty days within a few weeks out), to end of schedule, while there is plenty to SCL?

Does it have to it with planned plane swaps?

Or does it have to do somehow with the economy in Argentina?
You can certainly rule out the former (swaps of aircraft types) for the reason. As to the latter, could be, but wouldn't be the worst speculation I've ever heard.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
You can certainly rule out the former (swaps of aircraft types) for the reason. As to the latter, could be, but wouldn't be the worst speculation I've ever heard.
Just to be clear (I guess I wasn't in my previous post), by aircraft swaps, I meant the different "flavors" of the 777 that there are now. (I didn't mean totally different aircraft types.) Whether a 777 is configured for first or no first affects the number of seats in both of the premium cabins.

Have they already done all the shuffling of 777 types on the EZE routes that they're going to do? (It's hard for me to figure that out from the 777 no-first thread.)
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Just to be clear (I guess I wasn't in my previous post), by aircraft swaps, I meant the different "flavors" of the 777 that there are now. (I didn't mean totally different aircraft types.) Whether a 777 is configured for first or no first affects the number of seats in both of the premium cabins.

Have they already done all the shuffling of 777 types on the EZE routes that they're going to do? (It's hard for me to figure that out from the 777 no-first thread.)
I'd say either way-- they're not inhibiting award inventory based on any kind of uncertainty of what aircraft will be serving that route. They'll sell no more than45 seats up front regardless, so it doesn't matter that much. If it was only first award availability zero'd out (or very limited) (as opposed to both J and F) *maybe* there'd be a reason to connect the 2.

And, no, definitely in no way is all the shuffling done-- there will be much shuffling! Some by design, other by contingency. But, again, that's the whole purpose of the 777 rebrand-- 45 premium seats no matter if it's old 772 or new 77D. And if a 77W steps in, also no problem.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and AA Concierge Key
No saver in Biz or First from ORD - China in 2015??

The AA Exec Plat desk has been hopeless - would love if anyone knows the answer.

I checked ORD-PEK and PVG-ORD First and Business Saver availability for the rest of 2015...nothing shows. Ideally I would travel in early September. Does anyone know where there is no saver availability? Does AA not offer this?

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Compared to Europe (practically non-existent) and South America (here and there), Asia is generally the bright spot on AA's award chart in terms of sAAver First & Business availability (HKG being the exception).

I see several days in March with F and/or J availability on the PVG-ORD nonstop and more with connections. I didn't bother to look any further. Is there a specific day you're looking for?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I wonder if the DFW flights are loaded yet?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by letsgofire
The AA Exec Plat desk has been hopeless - would love if anyone knows the answer.

I checked ORD-PEK and PVG-ORD First and Business Saver availability for the rest of 2015...nothing shows. Ideally I would travel in early September. Does anyone know where there is no saver availability? Does AA not offer this?

Thanks
Did you ask AA to check availability on JL via TYO, or on CX via HKG? Or do you only want to fly on AA metal?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Did you ask AA to check availability on JL via TYO, or on CX via HKG? Or do you only want to fly on AA metal?
I didn't think of that. I was only looking at the nonstop options in my research.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Compared to Europe (practically non-existent) and South America (here and there), Asia is generally the bright spot on AA's award chart in terms of sAAver First & Business availability (HKG being the exception).

I see several days in March with F and/or J availability on the PVG-ORD nonstop and more with connections. I didn't bother to look any further. Is there a specific day you're looking for?
I was looking for September. It looks like nothing is loaded beyond March for nonstops. Strange.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:44 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
DFW-PVR-DFW Business SAAver Awards

Glitch or Enhancement?

From Mid August seems Business Class SAavers Award have vanished

Would seem a most unusual step that American would want to give this business via The West Coast connecting with Alaska, so thats what make me think its a Glitch.

Anybody any ideas who to contact to suggest they look into cause of this likely Glitch.

Coach is still OK.

Last edited by UncleDude; Mar 14, 2015 at 10:25 am
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Glitch or Enhancement?

From Mid August seems Business Class SAavers Award have vanished

Would seem a most unusual step that American would want to give this business via The West Coast connecting with Alaska, so thats what make me think its a Glitch.

Anybody any ideas who to contact to suggest they look into cause of this likely Glitch.

Coach is still OK.
I'm guessing we'll see more of these issues as all AA and US booking moves from SHARES and Sabre to Sabre for both - "later this year", so Sep-Oct seems quite possible.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
I was able to get these for December, but they were booked in early February.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:22 pm

F7(+) = Z0 on day of departure..the new normal?

Mar 23 both AA78 and AA80 are the following:
F7 A7 P7

Route is DFW-LHR.

However, both are Z0.

Why wouldn't AA release lower level mileage seats?

Is it to discourage people who redeemed so far out to stop from calling in and exchanging their ticket for the lower fee?

To stop people from planning last minute getaways?

To prevent as many last minute bookings as possible in case a flight gets cancelled and therefore preserving inventory in case things need to be shifted?

How great for non-revs!

Also, I can't get this as an EXP with the so called expanded inventory.
A seemingly knowledgeable agent at the EXP desk told me she hadn't seen expanded availability for EXP members in Z/U for at least a couple of months. She reports only occasionally in C class for upgrades.

Any comments?

Last edited by chuck1; Mar 24, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Because AA RM believes that it will sell the seats for cash or miles at higher levels. If it can't, then it can release more lower buckets (cash or miles).

Why on earth would a for-profit business give away for less that which it can sell for more?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by Often1
If it can't, then it can release more lower buckets (cash or miles).
chuck1's point is that this is exactly what they don't do of late!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.