Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction discussion post-2015 AAdvantage merger

ARCHIVE: MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction discussion post-2015 AAdvantage merger

Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
The fact is that for the most part, redeeming miles on AA domestically in now "business class" (new category for previous F) is next to impossible and extremely difficult in economy. I haven't even looked internationally. They are enticing millions of people to accumulate miles via flying, credit cards, shopping online, etc. when in fact those miles have a little chance of being redeemed. Along with other "tweaks" they have made to the program, it's basically defunct for the reasons millions signed up for it. They and Citibank continue to stimulate the public to get their credit card, etc with the hope of getting something of value- it's plain deception. I've expressed my exasperation to AA, with no avail.

I hope all of you will e-mail the head of AAdvantage and express your anger.
I agree 100%. And when I hear the flight attendants hawking the credit card, lying about it being good for two free flights, it's all I can do to not shout out "liar, liar, pants on fire".
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beachfan
I agree 100%. And when I hear the flight attendants hawking the credit card, lying about it being good for two free flights, it's all I can do to not shout out "liar, liar, pants on fire".
And yet countless FTers in this very forum have been literelly begging for the opportunity to spend even more money on credit cards, racking up even more worthless AA miles, in order to get an EQD waiver to qualify for status.

The beat goes on and sometimes it gets harder to ascertain who the real idiots in this game are...

Regards

Current discussion may be found here: MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 29, 2017 at 5:10 pm Reason: Insert moderator note

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.