Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR-LAX-SYD — the mysterious disappearing O class

Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

So I'd like to book LHR-LAX-SYD with AA, with a stopover on the way back. This is allowed by the rules for the lowest fare (O class), and Expertflyer shows O class being available on all flights I'm looking at (AA135 LHR-LAX and AA73 LAX-SYD on JUN 18, AA72 on SYD-LAX on JUN 24, and AA108 LAX-LHR on JUN 30). And yet, when I try to book this on AA.com it quotes me a higher fare (£1,295). The ExPlat agent I just spoke to is getting the same (she said it was V class), but couldn't explain why. Does anybody have any idea what is going on? Frankly, even the O fare of £1,080 is not very competitive, and I find it difficult to justify paying more than that.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
So I'd like to book LHR-LAX-SYD with AA, with a stopover on the way back. This is allowed by the rules for the lowest fare (O class), and Expertflyer shows O class being available on all flights I'm looking at (AA135 LHR-LAX and AA73 LAX-SYD on JUN 18, AA72 on SYD-LAX on JUN 24, and AA108 LAX-LHR on JUN 30). And yet, when I try to book this on AA.com it quotes me a higher fare (£1,295). The ExPlat agent I just spoke to is getting the same (she said it was V class), but couldn't explain why. Does anybody have any idea what is going on? Frankly, even the O fare of £1,080 is not very competitive, and I find it difficult to justify paying more than that.
it looks like there is no O fare filed for those dates.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rbourquin
Sometimes it's the simple stuff
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbourquin
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Sometimes it's the simple stuff
What is your source? Expertflyer is still showing O7 for all of them.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:55 am

What is your source? Expertflyer is still showing O7 for all of them.
deleted
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millionmiler
When I just looked on EF O class shows on the outbound but not the return. When looking at the return by segment SYD-LAX was available in O class on the 24th but not LAX-LHR on the 24th.
Indeed, but I want to do a stopover at LAX and fly LAX-LHR on the 30th.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: Some more than others
It looks like the O fare requires a minimum 7 day stay based on the transpacific flights.

Minimum Stay TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Bingo. Thank you so much! An O class itinerary suddenly appears. And it's £1,019, BTW!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Bingo. Thank you so much! An O class itinerary suddenly appears. And it's £1,019, BTW!
Kind of, sort of. LAX-LHR is only coming up with the transatlantic portion being operated by BA,. The non-stop on AA, although showing full availability in O, is priced at £277 higher.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.