Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Corporate Challenge - The Case of the Missing 50k Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate Challenge - The Case of the Missing 50k Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Corporate Challenge - The Curious Case of the Missing 50k Miles

In September, I was offered a targeted corporate challenge - 35,000 EQM in 90 days for Exec Plat and 50,000 bonus miles. I was to pass 35k on the outbound half of an LAX-HKG trip (the return was also within the 90-day window), but mechanical issue caused me to be irrops booked on a CX flight.

While in HKG, I called to seek original routing credit so that I'd be EXP on the way back. This was done, and done. At the time, I was monitoring my AAdvantage account online, and saw the changeover to EXP, and the 50,000 miles deposited to my account. However, the next day, while I remained EXP, I saw that the 50,000 miles + the 11,596 total award miles I had been credited for the flight had been deducted from my account. Chalking it up to the unusual circumstances, I decided to give AA a week or two to sort it out. But I did take a screenshot.

Cut to about three weeks after my return flight. The 50k miles are still missing, and what's more, my advantage account no longer shows any evidence that they were awarded, or deducted. It's like the whole thing never happened. So I call AAdvantage Customer Service for the first time and spend about an hour on the phone with them where they or course can find no evidence of the award or deduction; at first tell me they can't even see evidence I was doing a challenge (of course I have the confirmation email, AND I am EXP without having hit 100k, so...), elevate to a manager who likewise has no idea, and ultimately leave me with nothing more than that they have notified "sales" and it will be looked into. Two weeks later, I still hadn't heard anything, so called AAdvantage again. Still clueless. Again they tell me they will send it on. Again, I have heard nothing.

So, does anyone have any idea who I can speak to that will actually get something done about this? I am beyond annoyed at this point.

Last edited by millions; Jan 16, 2017 at 3:36 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:24 pm
Suspended

That's very aggravating and confusing-- what was your elite "history" -- were you EP anytime recently?

As a--yes I know nothing-can-be-done-about-it-now aside-- I would have definitely cautioned about taking that CX reaccomodation flight (or at the very least insisted on AA codeshare) in this context, with so much on the line.

Any chance of back-tracking this through whomever/whatever corporate entity entitled you to the challenge?
Hopefully they'll get it worked out for ya!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Hadn't been EXP for a few years; was Plat, and finished the year at about 95k EQM. I might've been concerned about the CX flight, except as I said, the return trip was also within my 90-day window and would have put me over even if I had 0 miles (and there would be no reason for that, AFAIK) on the outbound.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by millions
Hadn't been EXP for a few years; was Plat, and finished the year at about 95k EQM. I might've been concerned about the CX flight, except as I said, the return trip was also within my 90-day window and would have put me over even if I had 0 miles (and there would be no reason for that, AFAIK) on the outbound.
Ahhhhhhhh, I totally misread that entirely! And therefore missed the entire thrust of your post-- sorry 'bout that!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:27 pm

well they give out 50k RDM like candy for opening ccards, so I would think this must be some kind of glitch and NOT someone being cheap trying to screw you out of the miles.
As you said, you have your EXP status, so seems like only a matter of persistence before they finish crediting you with everything they offered to do if you did your part, which you obviously did.
Perhaps put it in writing in addition to your calls?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.