Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Cole Haan Amenity Kits being rolled out for 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Cole Haan Amenity Kits being rolled out for 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zpaul
Yep, I've had them on 3 or 4 of my S America flights. Black with either blue or gray piping or whatever you call it.
Those are not the new pajamas. Those are the old pajamas. The new pajamas are gray tops with a blue collar lining and navy blue bottoms. See the link to what the new pajamas should look like.

I have a ton of those "black with blue or gray piping" pajamas and I know those are the old sytle.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/ame...-amenity-kits/
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Those are not the new pajamas. Those are the old pajamas. The new pajamas are gray tops with a blue collar lining and navy blue bottoms. See the link to what the new pajamas should look like.

I have a ton of those "black with blue or gray piping" pajamas and I know those are the old sytle.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/ame...-amenity-kits/
Looking around online I see that it appears the flights down here are the last to get the "new" PJs even when they introduce the new amenity kits, which had me confused. Now I see that we had the same old "jail-style" PJs even when they introduced the new (now old) Cole Haan amenity kits. Now that they've introduced the truly new Cole Haan amenity kits, they've moved to the "old" (but new for us) PJs as shown at the bottom of the link below. Plus, on that same page (that looks like it's a stash of an older page), there's an amenity kit that I've never seen before.

For the record, I take about eight flights from SCL to the USA a year, mostly in J but in F at least once a trimester, so I really thought I was up on this stuff! I guess this market is only worthy of the left-overs...

https://www.aa.com/pubcontent/jba/aa...ur-flight.html

Last edited by zpaul; Jun 8, 2017 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:13 am

Are pajamas only provided in F on overnight flights? Or will a transatlantic day flight also qualify?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HughMann
Are pajamas only provided in F on overnight flights? Or will a transatlantic day flight also qualify?
Pajamas are only provided in F international and select J international flights (LAX-SYD, LAX-HKG, DFW-HKG, etc). I don't know the exact # of hours that are required for pajamas. I think at least 10-12 hours.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by zpaul
No, in F on the old 772s; I was on MIA-SCL but I think there's a three-class 77W serving EZE from MIA as well. I presume they'd be the same PJs as offered in F, or do they differentiate?
EZE-DFW was flown with the updated 772 with no F, so that's probably why pajamas were not offered. Got the new amenity kit though.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by HughMann
I do not believe any transcon flights receive them. Like others have mentioned, they're available consistently in First class, regardless of flight length or time of day, as I received them in both segments in F on a JFK-LHR-JFK roundtrip. They're offered in J on selected international flights that receive an elevated level of service, such as those to HKG. I too received them in J on a recent DFW-HKG flight a few weeks ago. They were the older black colored ones.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:57 pm

Just for fun, I decided to check if these amenity kits are valuable. Yep...sealed kits have sold for $5-$40 on eBay, with the average being about $10!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...p2045573.m1684
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by lobo411
Just for fun, I decided to check if these amenity kits are valuable. Yep...sealed kits have sold for $5-$40 on eBay, with the average being about $10!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...p2045573.m1684
Hey, $10 is probably more than what AA is spending on the meals...so relatively speaking, these things are quite valuable.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
7/4, LAX-JFK, F Cabin on 3-class, flimsy kit with no zipper.

7/6, MIA-LAX, F Cabin on 2-class, flimsy kit with no zipper.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Has anyone flown AA220 from DFW - AMS in First or Business? Which kits were given?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
Has anyone flown AA220 from DFW - AMS in First or Business? Which kits were given?
The style of kit you'll receive is subject to substitution....just like the aircraft.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Originally Posted by jcatman
The style of kit you'll receive is subject to substitution....just like the aircraft.
Oy. I could care less about the kit, but the switcheroo regarding the aircraft is never far from my mind.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Anyone flying AA193 from LAX-HKG flight recently can confirm they have been issuing the new gray top/navy blue bottom pajamas? Have a flight in about 1.5 weeks.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by work2fly
Hey, $10 is probably more than what AA is spending on the meals...so relatively speaking, these things are quite valuable.
$10 for something you can get for free? Why would anyone buy this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.