Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Cole Haan Amenity Kits being rolled out for 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Cole Haan Amenity Kits being rolled out for 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I've had four international flights in F this year so far, and finally received the new Cole Haan F kit SCL-MIA on the 11 Feb (strangely, on the return on 18 Feb it was back to the old J kits, although in grey and yellow, which I hadn't seen before). The bag itself is nice, and does fit my tablet very well.

Also received the new transcon kit on MIA-LAX - as mentioned further upthread, kind of flimsy.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Obviously AA is using up old kits at various bases before replacing them with the new ones. Makes some sense rather than dumping them in landfill. Clearly AA is not rolling out an "enhanced" businesss class soft product upgrade in the way UA has done with Polaris. However, once the wide body international fleet has been fully converted to lay flat seats (expected by the end of next month), perhaps it will launch a new campaign to highlight both the hard and soft product. UA has stressed its new enhanced soft product since it will take years before its fleet will have the new Polaris J seat on enoughplanes to legitimately promote such a major upgrading to its business class.

Guess I'll see if the ORD base has the new kits on Friday and PEK next week.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Currently on board AA79 (LHR - DFW). New grey and orange Cole Haan bags in J. Tried to get my hands on an extra F one, but Purser didn't have any.

Having some issues syncing the pictures to my laptop but will post it when i get a chance.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:22 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
No new kits on DFW-NRT-DFW this past weekend still.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Antarius
Currently on board AA79 (LHR - DFW). New grey and orange Cole Haan bags in J. Tried to get my hands on an extra F one, but Purser didn't have any.

Having some issues syncing the pictures to my laptop but will post it when i get a chance.
See attached
Attached Images  
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Antarius
See attached
Thanks- unfortunately this is still the old kit. Maybe you'll be luckier on your return flight!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I had the old kits in J on both JFK-LHR and LHR-JFK this week and last.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:07 pm

I see from the picture in the top right corner they still use the plastic cups for the pre departure champagne.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mobile19
I see from the picture in the top right corner they still use the plastic cups for the pre departure champagne.
I was in First on the 777W last night from GRU to MIA and got the new amenity kit AND the pre departure champagne in a real glass! Noticed Biz still got a plastic cup, as we did also flying down from Miami in First. A FA told me it was an 'FAA regulation they can't serve glass while on the ground.' Don't know if it's true or not, but the return flight originated outside the US, so maybe so.
Attached Images   
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:31 pm

That is interesting, if true, that the FAA doesn't allow PDB in glass. How was the champagne in first?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by mobile19
That is interesting, if true, that the FAA doesn't allow PDB in glass. How was the champagne in first?
UA's new international Polaris soft product has a nice new pre-departure drink glass/tray combo but both items are made from plastic, particularly the champagne flute. Keeping glass out of the cabin during take-off and landing seems like a logical safety precaution.

Last edited by Shareholder; Feb 23, 2017 at 7:48 am
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Appears ORD-based overseas flights are still going through the old kits. My ORD-PEK flight yesterday had the grey Cole Hann kits. Will see Monday what PEK based has in stock, but considering the very light J loads I've been tracking in anticipation of my SUWs clearing (just saw my return has, about 40-hours out) they likely still have lots of the old ones.

-------------------------

Return from PEK, same grey and yellow old kits.

Last edited by Shareholder; Feb 28, 2017 at 9:48 am
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:07 am

I just flew on 0125 DFW to HKG on Friday. Didn't get the upgrade because my flight number was considered a thru flight because I originated from LGA. I went to the gate agent to be put on the upgrade list once I arrived into DFW. The gate agent had a hard time and even called the EXP desk and they were clueless and no help at all. I booked the ticket in early January and called to use a SWU. The 2nd gate agent also couldn't figure it out so once the supervisor showed up she dropped me from the flight and reissue the ticket but I lost my original time stamp and when straight to the back of the EXP upgrade request line. So I don't know where I was originally and no shot at an upgrade. Also they had the old Cole Han kits. Sorry if my post is a little off. I'm hoping on my return my original time stamp is good, and that flight is a thru flight 0126. Maybe if I get upgraded they will have the new kits.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Jelly of the month club
Still no from JFK

Stuck on the JFK tarmac on a delayed AA100 to LHR in F with an old business class amenity kit and no pajamas (they only loaded 6 for a full cabin of 8).
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Received the "old" International J Cole Haan amenity kit on JFK-LAX F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.