Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA19 3/7 and 3/14 showing different aircraft types

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold

I am booking AA19 on 3/7 and 3/14 to travel DFW-MIA. When searching, the flight shows it is a 777, but the seat map is of a PMUS A321. Once putting the flight on hold, the aircraft type shows as a 32B, which should be a PMAA A321.

What aircraft type should I expect on this flight?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
I am booking AA19 on 3/7 and 3/14 to travel DFW-MIA. When searching, the flight shows it is a 777, but the seat map is of a PMUS A321. Once putting the flight on hold, the aircraft type shows as a 32B, which should be a PMAA A321.

What aircraft type should I expect on this flight?
ExpertFlyer shows MCE seats, indicating 32B. You'll rarely see a PMUS 321 travel between two legacy AA hubs. (DFW & MIA)
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I do have to ask why does AA seem to fly 777 and 767s with regularity between MIA and DFW. MIA/LAX which is a premium route only gets a 777 once a day. However MIA/DFW gets multiple 777/767s most days. Add in that DFW/LAX has at least one 777 a day and sometimes 2 777s and with regularity a 788/9 and it seems to make more sense to connect via DFW when flying MIA-LAX. Fares are lower, get widebodies for both segments, and in some cases only add about 1.5 hours in transit time.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: AA GOLD
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I do have to ask why does AA seem to fly 777 and 767s with regularity between MIA and DFW. MIA/LAX which is a premium route only gets a 777 once a day. However MIA/DFW gets multiple 777/767s most days. Add in that DFW/LAX has at least one 777 a day and sometimes 2 777s and with regularity a 788/9 and it seems to make more sense to connect via DFW when flying MIA-LAX. Fares are lower, get widebodies for both segments, and in some cases only add about 1.5 hours in transit time.
Repositioning aircraft could be a piece of it. If you were really interested, you could track what routes those widebodies fly after DFW-MIA.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Please be aware that a schedule change happened over the weekend. It may take up to two weeks to finalize. So, there may be additional equipment changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.