Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - 2015 on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - 2015 on

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
What about BOM? (ex-NYC)

Does AA consider this a viable city to fly to?? (United is doing well on this route)
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What about BOM? (ex-NYC)

Does AA consider this a viable city to fly to?? (United is doing well on this route)
No money in it.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
New Route: DFW-KOA to be operated during Christmas/New Years 2016/2017

Scheduled to be operated by a CIP 767 effective December 15 through January 8. Since there will only be six non-CIP 767s left in the fleet at that time, odds of a last minute sub are significantly lower than they are today.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What about BOM? (ex-NYC)

BOM-ORD would be a good route for AA. Don't know the exact O&D on this route, but I know the demand exists, as Air India connects boatloads of passengers from its ORD-DEL flight onto DEL-BOM flights.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by DA201
BOM-ORD would be a good route for AA. Don't know the exact O&D on this route, but I know the demand exists, as Air India connects boatloads of passengers from its ORD-DEL flight onto DEL-BOM flights.
I wouldn't mind ORD - for personal travel.

Actually, the airports to/from United flies (EWR-BOM-EWR), it's 30-40 minutes of driving to my/family's house at either end! (Would prefer this for vacation travel)
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
India is pretty much run by Air India and the ME3 these days. An impenetrable market.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
India is pretty much run by Air India and the ME3 these days. An impenetrable market.
I wouldn't say that - even LCCs are flying out of India these days - there is plenty of competition.

Even BA is making out reasonably well, I understand. (They charge the highest biz fares almost all the time)
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
American Airlines applied with DOT today to begin three new Mexican routes this fall:

Los Angeles-Cancun (737-800)
Los Angeles-Puerto Vallarta (A319)
Miami-Merida (ERJ-175)
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
We've talked about the length and viability of the hubs, but any idea about potential overseas destinations from AA? I would guess nothing in LatAm for a while.
A few:
CMN
JNB
BUD
TPE
NGO (787 in conjunction with JAL?)

Anyone have any ideas?
A

Last edited by AJones2000; Jun 29, 2016 at 7:53 am
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AJones2000
We've talked about the length and viability of the hubs, but any idea about potential overseas destinations from AA? I would guess nothing in LatAm for a while.
A few:
CMN
JNB
BUD
TPE

Anyone have any ideas?
A
CMN - from JFK? I can't see it
JNB - from JFK or MIA? I think it will happen when A359 arrives
BUD - Nope
TPE - LAX-TPE with 787 is doable for AA but it will be 1x daily (at best) vs. 2x daily with CI and 3x daily with BR... it's not that competitive. Plus no feed at TPE.
NGO - anything Japan outside NRT and HND just doesn't seem to work
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by AJones2000
A few:
CMN
JNB
BUD
TPE

Anyone have any ideas?
A
Only JNB and TPE are possibilities in the next five years. NGO is only served by Delta from DTW (auto traffic controls the fate of this route). However, I don't think TPE or JNB will be considered before LAX-Pacific is built up to add MEL, BNE, and ICN. (This assumes DOT approves of LAX-PEK.) The A359/789 configuration would suit LAX-TPE and assuming AA will take delivery of the 280 MTOW A350-900 that becomes available in 2018, MIA-JNB could be on the radar.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by bzcat
BUD - Nope
Of course, AA did serve BUD seasonally until Malev's death in 2012. Wikipedia indicates that it was still a seasonal destination when Malev ended. I certainly agree that BUD is very unlikely now.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ashill
Of course, AA did serve BUD seasonally until Malev's death in 2012. Wikipedia indicates that it was still a seasonal destination when Malev ended. I certainly agree that BUD is very unlikely now.
I was on the second-to-last AA flight (IIRC) out of BUD (end of November 2011). In fact, when I took off that day from BUD, AA was not in bankruptcy protection. When I landed at JFK, AA was in bankruptcy court. I don't see AA metal returning there again.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Longboater
Only JNB and TPE are possibilities in the next five years. NGO is only served by Delta from DTW (auto traffic controls the fate of this route). However, I don't think TPE or JNB will be considered before LAX-Pacific is built up to add MEL, BNE, and ICN. (This assumes DOT approves of LAX-PEK.) The A359/789 configuration would suit LAX-TPE and assuming AA will take delivery of the 280 MTOW A350-900 that becomes available in 2018, MIA-JNB could be on the radar.
MIA-JNB is probably equipment pending now... 77W is fully utilized on higher yield routes so AA just waiting for 280 MTOW A359 to show up.

Agree with TPE on priority. LAX-ICN, LAX-MEL, LAX-PEK should all happen first. But I would guess TPE will be ahead of BNE. AA and QF has joint venture so AA will only open BNE, which is heavy with leisure traffic and FF redemption, if there is demand for second daily flight (or when QF retires all the remaining 747). LAX-TPE at least have a fair amount of business travel which AA should be able to get a piece due to its FF base in Los Angeles, and it will open new destination for AA's US network.

NOTE: The current thread is here.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 24, 2017 at 1:50 pm Reason: Add Moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.