Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.

Link to the FlyerGuide American Airlines Wiki
For older posts, please see Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Requalified on Sunday. 101,4xx EQM and 13,3xx EQD. Status updated and SWUs deposited within 24 hours of the final flight.

First time in two or three years I went over the EQM threshold without benefit of EQMs from the credit card.

One more trip booked this year that will add a few hundred to the EQD but I'm not liking what this is doing to my upgrade chances. I am traditionally an early booker and really benefited from the old scheme. This year's upgrade % is by far the worst since first becoming EXP in 2010.
fotographer likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Just requalified with 120 segments, 14, 579 eqd, and 90109 eqm. I have had a great experience as a EXP this year.
danbrew likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
First Time

First time making it, lots of time in CLT.
Attached Images  
danbrew likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by T. Sanderson
First time making it, lots of time in CLT.
You've matched that EQD to segments perfectly. Though, I'm never envious of those who qualify by segments.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I rolled over 100k again to requalify last weekend on the way back from London, having passed through the EQD requirement back in June.

I had a really nice flight last night where my EXP status really helped, probably the nicest treatment by a few different AA frontline employees. I was travelling LAS-PHX-SEA and had a terrible layover, but upon landing in PHX it was clear the much earlier flight to SEA was still on the ground and so I went to the gate. As soon as the agent saw I was an EXP she said, "we'll hold it for you, come on over here" and reticketed me. I thought I had scored with a bulkhead row window but boarded to find a very large guy in the middle seat but plenty of empties a few rows back. I quickly went to the front and asked the FA if she could call back to the GA and get me another seat, and when she saw EXP on my BP she was accomodating and wrote down a list of 3 seats to chose from. I wound up getting an aisle exit row. And when they came around with the carts, they kept saying "we're not charging you for anything because you should have been in F" so I got taken care of nicely. EXP is nice!
JDiver and 50ae like this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Crossed over 100K EQM today IAD-CLT; the EQDs will have to wait a few weeks until my next international trip - in BA Premium Economy.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
IIRC, there is no benefit beyond the additional 2 SWUs for hitting 200,000 EQMs, right?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
IIRC, there is no benefit beyond the additional 2 SWUs for hitting 200,000 EQMs, right?
No STATED, official benefit, no.

But there are accounts of getting more after 200K: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28779195-post129.html
zpaul likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Requalified last week and got 2 more SWUs for a total of 6.

EQD: 15,547
EQM: 165,065
EQS: 35

One more international flights this year but not enough to go over 200k
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Re-qualified on Friday, EVV-ORD-PHL. Have a few more flights coming up the rest of the year, but thought it was pretty funny to hit the EQD threshold directly on the head...
Attached Images  
50ae likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
No STATED, official benefit, no.

But there are accounts of getting more after 200K: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28779195-post129.html
Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure what the post you pointed me to is supposed to say...AA publishes that we get 2 more SWUs at 150k and 200k EQMs, so that's why my question was posed as "beyond the additional 2 SWUs...":

"Executive Platinum members get 4 systemwide upgrades when qualifying or re-qualifying. You can earn up to 4 more systemwide upgrades; 2 at 150,000 EQMs and 2 at 200,000 EQMs."

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...e-upgrades.jsp
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure what the post you pointed me to is supposed to say...AA says that we get 2 more SWUs at 150k and 200k EQMs, so that's why my question was posed as "beyond the additional 2 SWUs...".

"Executive Platinum members get 4 systemwide upgrades when qualifying or re-qualifying. You can earn up to 4 more systemwide upgrades; 2 at 150,000 EQMs and 2 at 200,000 EQMs."

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...e-upgrades.jsp
Right. And the post I linked to you showed an example of someone getting more SWU's beyond the 8 at 200K stated in the AAdvantage T&C's.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
Right. And the post I linked to you showed an example of someone getting more SWU's beyond the 8 at 200K stated in the AAdvantage T&C's.
Aaaaahhh! That was it! Thanks. I didn't realize all the extra SWUs (beyond the two) were freebies.

Now that it's a "published benefit" I doubt that they'll go out of their way to do much more this year, but we shall see.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zzpitt
Re-qualified on Friday, EVV-ORD-PHL. Have a few more flights coming up the rest of the year, but thought it was pretty funny to hit the EQD threshold directly on the head...
Pretty cool to hit it right on the head, especially as "the game" continues to spin out of control... never could have imagined an "elite qualifying dollar" on AA even just a few years ago. But, anyway, I love when stuff like that happens, so congrats. ^
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador
After years of splitting my flights across UA/AA and never making it past 65K on AA, I committed to flying AA as much in 2017 and I made EXP flying DFW-HKG three days ago. I have never been so happy to see four SWUs in my account.

Since my work has just changed our policy to cheapest ticket/airline, EXP may only last one year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.