Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.

Link to the FlyerGuide American Airlines Wiki
For older posts, please see Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Made it, ma! Top of the world!

[looks around PEK]

Man, the lounges here are cr*p. Wonder if I can get reassigned to Hong Kong and make this OWE thing worthwhile...

Also, 105,604 EQM/25 segments = 4224 MPS but that'll be ~130,404/31 in a few weeks, so dropping to 4206 (dang ORD/STL domestic connections).
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NavSTL
[looks around PEK]

Man, the lounges here are cr*p. Wonder if I can get reassigned to Hong Kong and make this OWE thing worthwhile...

Also, 105,604 EQM/25 segments = 4224 MPS but that'll be ~130,404/31 in a few weeks, so dropping to 4206 (dang ORD/STL domestic connections).
Should've made it weeks ago, but stupid CX flights weekend of 8/25 are still pending because CX thought they were posted elsewhere. Still in dispute. Anyways, went on a quick MR yesterday and pushed my existing EQMs to 100,025! EQDs already blew through $12,000 weeks ago.

EXP with a margin of 25 miles! Now I can use my SWUs for my november trip. If it wasn't for the SWUs, I would've just patiently waited. Anyways, now once those post, I'll see about MRing to 150K EQM.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Explorist Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive Elite, UA Silver
First Timer...

Just hit EXP for the first time! Feels great since it was a "goal" and I organized my travels this year in hope of hitting it.... now we will see if I stay on the hamster wheel. I have enjoyed 9 domestic/Caribbean upgrades out of 11 flights and a Y to J on DFW to LHR (oversold flight) with my Plat Pro status so hoping EXP is even better.
zpaul likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
Well, as it sits, I will make EP with 122 EQS and 12002 EQD on Nov 5th. I was going to have 12008 EQD but one flight last week i got put on US AZO-ORD and they calculate it differently for segments that aren't on AA metal. I had to ask for those points which they gladly gave me but they aren't going to offer them up without requesting it. Keeping my fingers crossed their are no more flights on US due to problems on AA.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Woooo!!! Hit EXP for the second time in 3 years. Originally wouldn't have crossed 100k until mid October, but AA had to re-route me last minute due to a cancelation. So my D-D-D ticket turned into a J-J-D one with an extra 1x of EQMs for the TPAC leg!
zpaul and 50ae like this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 50ae
Well, as it sits, I will make EP with 122 EQS and 12002 EQD on Nov 5th. I was going to have 12008 EQD but one flight last week i got put on US AZO-ORD and they calculate it differently for segments that aren't on AA metal. I had to ask for those points which they gladly gave me but they aren't going to offer them up without requesting it. Keeping my fingers crossed their are no more flights on US due to problems on AA.
that is a lot of EQS, dont know how you did it, probably spending way toooo much time at airports and planes
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:41 am

Pretty much all DFW-ORD-AZO and back. Yes, way too much time at DFW and ORD. I know the Centurion at DFW quite well as I do the AC at ORD.

Originally Posted by fotographer
that is a lot of EQS, dont know how you did it, probably spending way toooo much time at airports and planes
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:32 am
COU

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Gold
just re-qualified EXP...earliest in the year I've done so....

12,733 EQDs (includes 3000 from Aviator MC)
105,284 EQMs
74 EQSs
50ae likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:45 am

I was thinking of getting that card. How much is it?

Originally Posted by COU

105,284 EQMs
74 EQSs
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by COU

105,284 EQMs
74 EQSs
How long did it take for AA to show the extra 3k EQD from your MC spend? I hit $25k spend almost two weeks ago and still waiting for EQD to show up in my AAdvantage account.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by policomm
How long did it take for AA to show the extra 3k EQD from your MC spend? I hit $25k spend almost two weeks ago and still waiting for EQD to show up in my AAdvantage account.
Mine posted the same day when the next billing statement posted to AA, together with miles.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:47 pm

Oops I did it again. Decided to celebrate by burning a couple of SWUs for an A1 trip:

DUB-LHR: seat 1A
LHR-LAX: seat 1A
LAX-SFO: seat 1A
SFO-LAX: seat 1A
LAX-LHR: seat 1A
LHR-DUB: seat 1A
zpaul, 50ae and ckx2 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I'm about to make Exp for the first and last time. My question surrounds 500 mile upgrades. I can't remember but after 50k or 75k you stop accumulating them because they are automatic. But my wife travels with me on the same record locator and doesn't have status, but she can use my 500 ml upgrade. we just burned 12 on a trip from PDX LGA and return. We still have a few more trips this year and my 500ml balance is getting low and she will travel with me. What can I do to ensure that when we travel together and I get upgraded she will also regardless of my 500ml upgrade balance.. thanks
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ShortDog
Oops I did it again. Decided to celebrate by burning a couple of SWUs for an A1 trip:

DUB-LHR: seat 1A
LHR-LAX: seat 1A
LAX-SFO: seat 1A
SFO-LAX: seat 1A
LAX-LHR: seat 1A
LHR-DUB: seat 1A
did they all clear? At what time window?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I'm about to make Exp for the first and last time. My question surrounds 500 mile upgrades. I can't remember but after 50k or 75k you stop accumulating them because they are automatic. But my wife travels with me on the same record locator and doesn't have status, but she can use my 500 ml upgrade. we just burned 12 on a trip from PDX LGA and return. We still have a few more trips this year and my 500ml balance is getting low and she will travel with me. What can I do to ensure that when we travel together and I get upgraded she will also regardless of my 500ml upgrade balance.. thanks
You can buy 500-mile upgrades to upgrade your wife at a rate of $40 a pop or 40,000 miles for eight. The latter is a terrible deal IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.