Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Priority check-in for Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite cardholders

Priority check-in for Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite cardholders

Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by ENFO
If I may ask another question here, must the ticket be paid for with the AA Executive card? Or just the AAdvantage number on the reservation/ticket enough?
Having your AA number associated is enough. This is unlike UA, which does require you to pay with the Chase card to get the benefits.

Back before I had status, I got the benefits even though I had to pay with my company card.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:06 am

Thanks for the reply!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by coolcoil
Having your AA number associated is enough. This is unlike UA, which does require you to pay with the Chase card to get the benefits.

Back before I had status, I got the benefits even though I had to pay with my company card.
This is specifically why I got an AA-branded credit card. Some years I have status and get the benefits; other years, I do not. The credit card gives me priority boarding so I have some place to put my carryon.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:23 am

Never had an issue

It's been my experience that upon pulling out the card it doesn't matter where I'm flying to or if I directly booked with AA, once they see the card they treat me and my companions as if we were flying first class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.