Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Guide: JFK / New York J F Kennedy International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Guide: JFK / New York J F Kennedy International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold
Thank you both for your replies!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I'm flying LAX-JFK in first arriving at 0700, followed by a 12 hour layover, and then BA to LHR that evening.

I'm heading into NYC for the day, but would like to have a shower/ freshen up before doing so. Is it possible to get access to a lounge in T8 to do so?

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I'm flying LAX-JFK in first arriving at 0700, followed by a 12 hour layover, and then BA to LHR that evening.

I'm heading into NYC for the day, but would like to have a shower/ freshen up before doing so. Is it possible to get access to a lounge in T8 to do so?

Thanks
Yes. When you land at JFK, head straight to the lounge before exiting the secure area, where you will have full lounge privileges.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
Yes. When you land at JFK, head straight to the lounge before exiting the secure area, where you will have full lounge privileges.
Marvellous! Thank you
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
I'm leaving out of T7 but want to use the Flagship lounge in T8. How much time should I buffer to get from the FL in T8 to T7 for boarding? Also, I won't be able to use my TSA pre-check because I'll be flying J on QR. It's a 10:40am flight.

Thanks,
Pandasopink

Last edited by PandaSoPink; Aug 3, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by PandaSoPink
I'm leaving out of T7 but want to use the Flagship lounge in T8. How much time should I buffer to get from the FL in T8 to T7 for boarding? Also, I won't be able to use my TSA pre-check because I'll be flying J on QR. It's a 10am flight.

Thanks,
Pandasopink
Unless you're otherwise arriving into T8 on another flight, clearing security twice and having to change terminals just to use the FL before a morning flight seems like a terrible waste of time. The FL isn't that much nicer that I'd arrive at JFK earlier in the morning for, especially if I was departing from another terminal..
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Can anyone confirm whether there are showers in the newly (2017) renovated Admirals Club in JFK Terminal 8, Concourse B? AA's website shows showers only in Concourse C Admirals Club, but maybe that hasn't been updated, as varying reports online indicate showers in the "new" Concourse B Admirals Club. Please note, this question specifically refers to Admirals Club only, not Flagship. EDIT: Admirals Club answered the question, saying there are now showers in both.

Last edited by HariOm; Aug 6, 2018 at 5:07 pm Reason: Answered
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Unless you're otherwise arriving into T8 on another flight, clearing security twice and having to change terminals just to use the FL before a morning flight seems like a terrible waste of time. The FL isn't that much nicer that I'd arrive at JFK earlier in the morning for, especially if I was departing from another terminal..
Apologies if this has already been answered: implicit in this post is that one can access T8 with a BP to a different terminal. Is that confirmed to be the case?

Flying out of JFK with JL (T1) in the early afternoon, but will be at JFK well before LH lounge (JL's partner in T1) opens. So I was hoping to pass that time in the FL - will TSA let me into T8, and AA into the FL (am OW Emerald) despite having a BP for T1?

(Not enough time / will be too tired to do anything other than veg out at the airport.)
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Yes, there is no TSA rule preventing you from accessing a different terminal to the one you are departing. You can access T8 with a same day boarding pass from JFK. The people in the AA lounge may be confused by your presence though!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Fraser
Yes, there is no TSA rule preventing you from accessing a different terminal to the one you are departing. You can access T8 with a same day boarding pass from JFK. The people in the AA lounge may be confused by your presence though!
Many thanks! As long as they're confused, but then let me in, I'm fine...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Schedule change and now- One hour connection time Domestic to Intl all on AA Metal. 7:30 A.M Arr 8:30 A.M Dep on a Sat. Impossible or normal or somewhere in between?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Schedule change and now- One hour connection time Domestic to Intl all on AA Metal. 7:30 A.M Arr 8:30 A.M Dep on a Sat. Impossible or normal or somewhere in between?
If your inbound flight is on time, this is an easy connection.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Originally Posted by Blumie

If your inbound flight is on time, this is an easy connection.
As Blumie stated, on time, this is easy. Even furthest gate to furthest gate - with an on-time arrival and a minor bit of hustle - is 15 minutes. On a Sat am that early, outside wx/mech, I would believe the flight is on time / early the vast majority of the time.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
JFK International Arrival > International connection procedure.

Can anyone talk me though the international arrival>international connection procedure for AA at JKF. I assume it will be very obvious (signage etc.) but it's always useful to have an understanding in advance. I will arriving from Rio in the morning and flying to London later that day. The ticket was bought as a connection so I hope that I can get the bags tagged to LHR when I check in at GIG. (is that how it works?). Even so, I know that I have to collect my bags in JFK but it's the part about collecting and then re-checking that I am interested to learn. Where and how is this done?. After re-checking my bags, I hope to run into Manhattan for the intervening time. On arrival back at JFK, I will be hand bags only. Thanks for your consideration of this question.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
You just follow the process as a normal arriving passenger until right after customs where there is a recheck area for already tagged bags

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.