Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Guys! I just got it working again. I went on AA app. The reservation system is back on again. So now, it’s fixed! Thanks to AA. 👍🏻👍🏻
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
AA's website and app appear to have been down for several hours. Sucks for all those trying to checkin to their Monday morning flights!
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The AA website works fine for me ( at least booking a new flight, and MMB ) but the website loaded much slower than usual.
I can't speak about the check-in process.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
OLCI not available on website, but works in App (Intl travel)

This has now happened to me twice in the last 6 months, so might be useful information to someone. Trying to check in on the American website for international travel results in the "Please check in with an agent at the airport" message. However, I then went into the App to check in and it goes through as normal. Able to see boarding passes, etc, and now the website also says "already checked in."

Not sure why the website version doesn't allow check in, while the App does...my passport info is definitely saved correctly in both places. There was one other time that i was denied check-in for both web and app, but that was due to the dreaded SSSS.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had the same thing happen with my son's reservation to DUB back in September. Blocked by the website but out of curiosity I tried the app and it went through fine. Then got back on the website and printed the BP.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I've seen this in the past a few times.

By chance, does your name have a suffix or anything unusual besides First Middle Last?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by bchandler02
I've seen this in the past a few times.

By chance, does your name have a suffix or anything unusual besides First Middle Last?
No prefixes or suffixes for me.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Better to use the app anyway because it can do the passport verification by scanning the e-chip in the passport. Otherwise it must be done at a kiosk or with an agent at the airport.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Better to use the app anyway because it can do the passport verification by scanning the e-chip in the passport. Otherwise it must be done at a kiosk or with an agent at the airport.
The app can read the chip?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by flying_geek
The app can read the chip?
If your mobile device has an NFC reader, yes.
http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2019/American-Airlines-First-to-Launch-Mobile-App-Passport-Scanning-MKG-OTH/default.aspx
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
If the name doesn't match character for character when doing the mobile app with passport, that will cause it to fail. I had this problem earlier this year because of how AA handles suffixes on names.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
interesting. While probably outsourced development, I am a little impressed that there is something innovative in the app
Old Dec 2, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
AA Website Down?

Been receiving "502 Bad Gateway" errors on two different browsers for about the last half hour.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Yes. Probably because millions of members were notified to log in to check their gift, and are doing so all at the same time.
lowfareair, coxm, TWA884 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 1:51 pm

Glad I'm not checking in :-/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.