Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by miadukes
on Android, it just keeps giving me an error pop up that says Error please try again or come back later

Eta the app seems to work fine as long as i don't log in, it starts erroring out once i log in
Does your account look normal when you log in from a browser?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Does your account look normal when you log in from a browser?
Yes looks perfectly fine on a browser. No issues there
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:57 pm

I had the same problem a few days ago. Went away after 24 hours or so.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There seems to be an issue with Android. There's been issues with DL app, and a few others that I'm aware of. All popping up at same time, same issue, seems like unlikely coincidence.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Stickboy46
I had the same problem a few days ago. Went away after 24 hours or so.
I wish, it's been about a week
Originally Posted by flyerCO
There seems to be an issue with Android. There's been issues with DL app, and a few others that I'm aware of. All popping up at same time, same issue, seems like unlikely coincidence.
didn't know that but even messing around other airlines apps AA is still the only one giving me a problem....sigh
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I have a different issue on IOS where the app will lose all of my bookings. They aren't linked to my AA account (I do actually have one) as I credit to BA instead, so I have to add them all manually. Randomly but too frequently they all disappear and needed to be added in again.

Yesterday's occurrence was after putting my phone into airplane mode to fly from DFW to PHX and when I turned airplane mode off and opened the app they were all gone. Not the end of the world by any means but frustrating when you have to go and find all the record locators in e-mails to then add them back in.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by miadukes
I wish, it's been about a week

didn't know that but even messing around other airlines apps AA is still the only one giving me a problem....sigh
There's a thread in DL forum with issues with their Android app. Plus I know of couple other apps that I use have had issues posted in their support forums.

I didnt have any issues till VW forfed the latest Android system app on me.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Odd. I'm not experiencing any. Then again, I'm still on Android 9.

Are you on 10?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I have a different issue on IOS where the app will lose all of my bookings. They aren't linked to my AA account (I do actually have one) as I credit to BA instead, so I have to add them all manually. Randomly but too frequently they all disappear and needed to be added in again.

Yesterday's occurrence was after putting my phone into airplane mode to fly from DFW to PHX and when I turned airplane mode off and opened the app they were all gone. Not the end of the world by any means but frustrating when you have to go and find all the record locators in e-mails to then add them back in.

I have the exact same issue on my IPhone.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
You can't book tickets due to reservations system is down

You guys can't book a ticket on AA website or AA app on your iPhone. It won't go through. I already notify AA on Twitter and they will notify to AA team app right away. They will fix it tonight or tomorrow.

Because reservations system is down. You gotta wait for tomorrow or next few days. They will give it a chance to fixed the reservations system.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by N830MH
You guys can't book a ticket on AA website or AA app on your iPhone. It won't go through. I already notify AA on Twitter and they will notify to AA team app right away. They will fix it tonight or tomorrow.

Because reservations system is down. You gotta wait for tomorrow or next few days. They will give it a chance to fixed the reservations system.
Maintenance on websites Sundays is pretty common, for airlines, hotels, etc. Wait until tomorrow morning.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Maintenance on websites Sundays is pretty common, for airlines, hotels, etc. Wait until tomorrow morning.
Ah, I gotcha ya! I did not know that. Thanks for your efforts. I appreciate your help.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I was able to rebook 2 different tickets through the AA hotline about a few hours ago and both were ticketed within 15 minutes after the respective calls.
Although, I am not sure about bookings through the web or the mobile app.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: pleb
can't access anything from my account page online, anyone else experiencing this right now?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by nightkhan
can't access anything from my account page online, anyone else experiencing this right now?
me too

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.