Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:45 pm

Using Windows 10 and not able to book. Spinning wheel.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I ended up using Matrix to find the multi city itinerary I wanted and used “book with matrix” to load my flights into AA.COM and put them on hold. I just need to call AA to make sure that I can have my original London flights and the miles+copay and additional ADP taxes fully refunded, before committing to the new flights.

A simple itinerary change, or voucher isn’t going to work here as I originally booked the flights last June for flights this April, but now I’m looking to travel July/June, so more than a year since the ticket was issues. Given the current travel ban/ flight reduction, there simply isn’t enough time to reschedule for the current ticket validity.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:57 pm

In the iOS app I'm getting "Connection error while retrieving your reservations". On the website it rejects my password. Anyone else having issues today?
Old May 3, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by _kurt
In the iOS app I'm getting "Connection error while retrieving your reservations". On the website it rejects my password. Anyone else having issues today?
I had the password issue a couple of days ago on the website. And it's saved in my browser, so who knows..
Old May 6, 2020, 10:15 am

I can't log into any of my family's AA accounts for the past 2+ days, on my phone or computer. It says the name or password is wrong for every one. These are all saved in my browser and haven't changed. Anyone else having this problem?
Old May 6, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by lasj
I can't log into any of my family's AA accounts for the past 2+ days, on my phone or computer. It says the name or password is wrong for every one. These are all saved in my browser and haven't changed. Anyone else having this problem?
You might want to check out this thread. It seems like locking the account is reported by several. OTOH, my partner got the same message and just did a password reset, so may just be some glitch.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:25 pm

They are dealing with the Marriott breach which has had consequences for AA members. I was locked out today and had to change my AA number and reset everything.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Been unable to purchase a ticket (either $ or miles) the last 3 days.

After choosing flights and entering passenger data, I get the "This page must have taken flight" screen.

I've tried the app, safari, chrome, and IE. All the same result. very frustrating.

cleared history, not using VPN, tried 1 phone and 2 different computers
Old May 24, 2020, 12:46 pm
pxm

Website Down?

I have been trying to book a flight since this morning (Central US Time) and I keep getting an error that indicates "This page must have taken flight". Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Old May 24, 2020, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by pxm
I have been trying to book a flight since this morning (Central US Time) and I keep getting an error that indicates "This page must have taken flight". Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Websites often do upgrades over the weekend.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Been trying to log into to my account since yesterday. www.aa.co.uk gives the error message "404: Host not found". And www.aa.com refuses to accept my log-on credentials.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Website completely down for anyone else? I’m getting “We're working on our site”
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
Website completely down for anyone else? I’m getting “We're working on our site”
it is down for me.
they are probably busy rolling out more “enhancements”
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Is for me.

It's also been spotty the last couple days.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Same here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.